Subaru Acent Touring

Looking to go lease 2019 Suabru Ascent Touring. Anyone have any numbers they were getting. My company is one in Subaru’s VIP program so supposedly we would be entitled to dealer invoice pricing. I’m new to this site and am not totally familiar with the lingo but any info would help. I’m in northern NJ by the way. Thank you!!!

1 Like

Try the :mag::arrow_upper_right:

1 Like

The Ascent is a pricey car for its class For that range, I would say you should look into the remaining 2018 BMW X5 35i, or a Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum. The Ascent won’t have very good deals, and it is a 4 cylinder mated to a CVT.

What range? The OP didn’t quote any prices. And apples to apples, there is no way an X5 or XC90 is the same as an Ascent.

1 Like

T6 Momentum is also a 4-cylinder . . .

1 Like

My friend just got one…and I told him get the XC90 instead. He regrets it now…because he is paying almost 600 bucks for the Ascent, and it’s not the top trip either.

I said they are comparable, because all have the 3rd row option…and cost to lease is very close.

It has much more power and a regular transmission (not a CVT).

What kinda deal you seeming in the xc90? I thought that the ascent was slightly bigger as well…am I wrong?

[quote=“dmitry, post:3, topic:104220”]
2018 BMW X5 35i
[/quote

Or on the 2018 BMWs?

So your friend overpaid for the Ascent…not sure how that’s relevant here? Every single car discussed on LHF has been overpaid by someone else before.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with 4 cylinders and CVT? Almost every car made today has more than enough power for 99% of driving…at least for anyone driving in normal urban conditions.

I live in LA…my average mph on my leases is 18 mph… I’m not sure why people drive M, AMG etc in this town…I never see them going faster, and the low profile tires/suspension is hell.

Just because you don’t see them going faster–doesn’t mean they don’t.

I’ve never seen whales mating, but I reckon they must, because they’re still here.

:bat:

He got a good deal for our area. Due to the program itself the lease is bad.
XC90 T6 can also be had in 600s range.
The car is just not well made.
The tech is very poor, touchscreen feels as if it is back from 2008.

CVT means constant droning, especially when mated to a 4 cylinder. Very poor off the line acceleration, and bad reliability. Volvo is a much higher step in quality, safety, and driving dynamics.

If we are talking about BMW, has to be the X5…since it has 3rd row option as well.

Whilst I do not like to agree with notorious internet troll @dmitry, I have to say for me, personally, I also can’t stand the screaming revs and little forward motion of CVT’s when I’m trying to merge on some of the teeny tiny on ramps they seem to have here.

Also if I put my foot down to make the light, I tend to prefer my cars to actually move in order to indeed make the aforementioned light. I drove the 2.5l 4cyl Outback for 2 weeks in LA last year and found it completely infuriating. Yes I am THAT awful LA driver. Sorrynotsorry.

2 Likes

"Notorious Troll":joy: Oh my, rofl…all these emotions.

1 Like

Drove a 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited last year…decided to race a Civic 1.8…lost.

1 Like

X5 third row is designed for whom?

Ascent is 260 hp vs. 175 hp in 2.5i Outback. Makes big difference, no?

Where did you get this from after 6 months?