Sold one to Shift.com

Not a lease deal, but I had to move my 2013 JX35 with 78k mi, loaded quick after the awesome lease deal BigL got me. I got buy offers from a bunch of places including

Trucecar: 11,800
Dealer Tradein 13,500
Carvana 13,800

Shift.com 15,700 + 100 for having paperwork ready.

The process was stupid simple. I cleaned and detailed the car, it looked nearly new. Made the appointment. The shift.com rep Ubered to my house. He looked over the car, and was impressed at how clean it was. He didnt even bother checking the tires or taking it for a test drive. He just got me an offer for the full amount their website said, plus 100 bucks for having my payoff statement and registration ready.

I accepted the offer, and we did some quick paperwork and off it went. That easy.

8 Likes

Looks like CA and DC only so far. Thanks for sharing the data point.

Yes, if this was in NY I would have a few cars to unload. Hopefully this company expands because these prices potentially could be great.

Holy shift that sounds like you made out!

1 Like

hahahahahahahaha that’s funny

Just sold my car to shift. They were $1500 more than Vroom and $3500 more than Carvana and $4500 more than Carmax. Hoping I don’t have to come back here and edit this. It was super easy though.

Car details?

2016 Civic

Just sold one to Shift. 18 WRX.
Their quote was about $1000 higher than others (Vroom, Carvana, Autotrader, KBB, local dealership, used car dealer - didn’t check Carmax due to inconvenient location).

A bit of test drive and brief inspection followed by paperwork.
Took a bit longer than expected (about 1.5 hr), but otherwise everything went smooth. Got the full estimate + $100 bonus for selling at first appointment. No deduction.

Overall, very satisfied with the whole process. Highly recommended.

I also have a referral code for $100 amazon GC. PM me if you are interested in selling to Shift.

Thanks for bumping/replying to this thread. I tried searching for it, but “shift” is too common among car forums.

Just got a quote from Shift that is about 3.5k above Carvana, and 2k above Vroom, so I was curious how smooth the process was.

It went very smooth, at least for me. Just have all the documents ready and it should be very simple.

Sold to Shift.com yesterday ('08 Legacy SpecB). My experience might have been a little out of ordinary since the agent they sent was running late the whole day. They called to move back the appointment twice, which was annoying to move stuff around. But I washed the car, they took off $100 for dents and scratches (barely visible dents, 1 scratch less than 1"), even though through the website it says it’s normal wear and tear. Still ended up being the higher than Vroom and Carvana by a considerable margin.

Overall time (once the agent arrived) was 1h15min - clock stopped when ACH to my bank was initiated. Neighborhood test drive, plus one exit on the freeway.

Hi, I am about to sell my car to Shift. Anyone have any issues selling them a lease if you upside down and them paying it off quickly? They count as a car dealer and there is no tax on the payoff, right?

There is no tax but make sure you know what the payoff is for a dealer (in case it’s different).

What are you doing about the negative equity?

It’s only $600 - I was going to pay Shift with a CC for it.

My car was picked on Friday by Shift. Waiting for payments at this time. I seemed like a pretty smooth transaction. Hopefully end result is good
I do have a referral code if anyone interested - we both get $100 Amazon gift card

Hello Hackrs, just got this email offer for $100 amazon gift card if you use my link for both of us. Please feel free to use it and share as you please :slight_smile:

https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/30541744/shift.com?p=eyJzIjoiXzQ3LXQ5T3daWlNsTC1oX0RJT1lfMTZrU0IwIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjozMDU0MTc0NCxcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwOlxcXC9cXFwvc2hpZnQuY29tXFxcL3JcXFwvZzg3aHhcIixcImlkXCI6XCIxYzY1ZjAwMWUyYmE0YjM5YmZiYzg2MjA0MWY4Y2M3MFwiLFwidXJsX2lkc1wiOltcIjBkM2NhYTlmN2YyNjkxMGE2ZDgxN2QzYjVkNjllYzM5YmM2YzAyYzBcIl19In0

I got a shift.com quote to buy my car. Above mentioned a payoff amount needed. Is the payoff required for a financed car? I don’t remember seeing that on Shifts emails.
Anyone with experience on how fast you will get paid?
Does shift pay the loan balance and then any excess made out to me or all can be made out to me?

Shift doesn’t want my cars, lol.

1 Like

Lol not sure why, they seem to carry anything