Signed: 2023 BMW 540i Loaner - $523/mo with MSD and 0 DAS

Hey LH friends,

Wanted to share my deal in Northern California signed this past week. Last remaining 3 and 5 series are a pretty good deal with a sufficient discount. A few thousand more miles on a loaner than I’m accustomed to since pre-pandemic they were all under 5k miles and the loaners now seem to be sub-15k miles. Regardless, the car was in great condition and, of course, a solid deal.

See below for details. I’ll anonymize and upload in Signed at some point.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2023 BMW 540i
Saved Numbers on Leasehackr Calculator: [CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR ]CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Loaner Miles 9500
MSRP: $ 69,xxx (premium package, M sport, etc)
Selling Price: $ 51,xxx (26%)
Monthly Payment: $ 478 (523/month w/ tax)
Cash Due at Signing: $ 0 DAS except MSD
MSD: 7 MSD
Incentives: 1.5k Lease cash, 1.5k loyalty

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
Residual: 57% minus loaner mileage penalty

Region: Northern California
Leasehackr Score: 12.1 years

Great dealership experience with a rare no-nonsense and honest approach. I was even asked in F&I if I was a Leasehackr guy.

This is a fantastic community based on as many real data points we can collect. This is also my 7th hack (for many friends and family) since I started here, and first using the excellent Rate Findr tool. Hope this provides a resource for anyone looking for a 2023 before lease incentives usually end in April.

22 Likes

Good deal!
I was told the .0016 didn’t apply to the 540 tho…

Nicely done! Is it Skyscraper gray?

Do you have any sources outside of LH showing that? Working on a similar deal and the dealer didn’t price it in, just 1500x2.

thats a blue car…

3 Likes

Nice work, I was targeting a 530e w/ M Sport but have gone in a different direction (custom order i4)
Hope you enjoy the ride!

1 Like

I don’t have anything confirming that outside of Rate Findr under the “36 month Loyalty Lease”. I was a bit surprised I didn’t have to drill into that line item, but my contract/rent charge is at 0.00118 which is 0.0016 minus the 0.0042 MSD. Haven’t heard anything about the contract not being funded yet, but I’ll update you if I get a phone call.

2 Likes

Hahaha… yeah maybe some grey hues. It’s Arctic Race Blue metallic.

2 Likes

I liked my last gen 540i, nice work, strong deal. That loyalty MF helps a lot, the base MF is silly now. I want to go back to the days of .00086 base MF even for M cars.

1 Like

Hope it funds! All I found on BMW site is this, nothing on MF at all. And I thought buy rate was .0018 on 540/530i and .0019 on 530e.

Posting question on Edmunds. Cannot talk about the fight club, lol!

Forgot about that particular color, thought it was fluorescent lighting playing mind tricks. But, hey, there’s a Mineral White one that totally looks like a baby blue. Had to ask the dealer if it was wrapped. Nope, just a bad photo!

36 mo? thought loyalty deal is for the 39 term only

Buyrate on the 2023 530i/540i is 0.0019 and the 30-point rate reduction does not apply to the 2023 5-Series. Interesting they did that (they probably overlooked it since the 2023 3-Series, X3, X5, and i7 do qualify for the rate reduction). It either will not fund and they’ll come back to you asking you to re-sign at the correct rate OR the dealer will eat the cost.

Congrats either way, that’s a fantastic discount and car!

EDIT: The 2023 530i/540i do get the 30-point rate reduction after all. BMW FS omitted it from the official bulletin they released for March, but when you look up the program individually for specific 2023 5-Series VINs, it allows the dealer to do a rate reduction on the 2023’s. However, no 39-month. So @VP12, you can rest easy - deal should fund fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You have to have loyalty to get 39-month, but you’re not required to take 39-month. You can do either 36-month or 39-month and it’s the same residual. But regardless, the 39-month is not available on the 2023 5-Series, only the 2024 530i/540xi.

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Zack. Let’s see. Cleaned up the post/calculator as to not misguide others. The delta isn’t that significant; I’d still buy it with the base MF.

1 Like

Fantastic deal! Most of the leftover 540i loaners seem to be normal & not M-Sport, so you definitely snagged a great one! Love that Arctic Blue color!

Great deal! Congrats :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great work, great post! Enjoy!

great deal, congrats!
i’ve been looking for essentially the same car in x-drive (really like the arctic blue) on the east coast with no luck, these are really hard to find with those packages.
looks like you really nailed it - hope that MF will stick as a bonus, though even if doesn’t it’s still a solid deal :slight_smile:
enjoy it in good health!

Great deal! Didn’t want to start a new thread so I’ll add my own DP for a 530xi loaner I just picked up this weekend in norcal.

61,8xx MSRP
42,999 Sales price
3,000 rebate
$200 DAS + $2800 MSD for $397/mo 24 lease including 9.5% tax. 36 would have been $15/mo or so cheaper but would’ve taken me outside of warranty.

My color combo is yuck, I like yours much better.

6 Likes

Awesome deal, congrats! Do they offer more deals like this for the 5?