Rate my lease proposal (seems high) 2018 Volvo S90 T5 Momentum -Volvo Loaner 7k miles- $440 pre tax

Hello All,

New to the forum and to leasing in general. I met with the GM at my local dealer and here are the numbers, I haven’t committed to anything yet.

2018 Volvo S90 T5 Momentum Loaner with 7k miles
MSRP $51,240
Selling Price: $39,393
Rebates: [$2500 Lease bonus, $2000 Loaner bonus, $3500 Volvo Allowance, $1,443 3% Holdback ]
Trade-in: [$0]

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [12,000]

MF: [.00026]
Residual: [52%] (seems really low, is this something I can negotiate on?) Seems like it should be in the 61% range

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$1050 (includes first payment, $80 doc fee, $538 dmv license fee]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$474]

Zip Code: [92025]
Sales Tax Rate: [7.75%]

It is set by the bank and non negotiable

Ahh good to know, thanks.

I think the residual is adjusted for mileage i could be wrong though.

would/could it have anything to do with the fact that its a loaner and had 7k miles on it already because this guy is the 60% on a new one.

It’s reduced for the mileage.

Ahh thats kind of what I thought, Thanks

No, it’s not. It is 52% on T5 MOM FWD.

1 Like

Sorry are you saying its not reduced for mileage or no its not a good deal overall?

Residuals are different now from April. Can’t compare.

RV is not reduced for mileage, it is Volvo’s current RV. Dealer included $ adjustment in the sales price or somewhere else in the adjusted cap cost.

Ahh ok, thanks for the clarification.

So you don’t reduce the residual on a Volvo, how does that work, when the car is turned in with higher mileage the residual is the same as a lower mileage car?

I guess they reduce it by corresponding dollar amount in the contract. But 52% is current RV, like I said.
Edit: looked at the picture, it’s #6 - mileage penalty $1,428

52% of MSRP = $26,644.80 - 1,428.60 (7,143 x $0.20/mile) adjustment for miles = net residual of $25,216.20. You’ll be allowed 36,000 miles on top of the 7,143 on the car, a total of 43,143 on turn in.

Do you qualify for A-Plan (which is not available on this car)? What companies do you or anyone in your household work for? PM me if you prefer.

Price doesn’t seem good for a loaner. If you’re dealing with San Diego Volvo, they should be a lot more aggressive. Lots of the SoCal dealers are. In NorCal the Volvo Allowance is the same on a T5, but $5,250 on a T6 (should be the same in SoCal).

If anyone else is interested in this deal ( I decided on a different car) the dealer still has the car and they just texted me letting me know that they can do it for $398 pre tax and $429 with tax @7.75%. If you are interested let me know and I will give you the rep and dealers info. Thanks for all your help!