Please help-Volvo V60 lease end

Yep. But if she’s not going to lease that means the process is not finished. So we have to rely on her to initiate the pull-ahead in December + her dealer submitting her VIN and it being accepted/rejected before Jan 1.
I knew that bragging rights worth more than money to you :grin:

She can see if she qualifies without actually doing a pull ahead. If she provides her VIN, I can check in the 360 Portal. Or she can just ask a dealer to look in the portal and tell if it qualifies or not.

I don’t trust you :laughing:
Must be her dealer, but that’s what I meant - to go thorough a dealer to verify eligibility.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

I know, I know. You will still insist that it’s 9 payments and not 9 months :grin:

1 Like

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

@AP919 - have you checked with a Volvo dealer to see if you’re eligible for the 9 month pull ahead now? I’m assuming your lease maturity is 10/1/2019.

:grin::grin::grin::grin:
I knew it. She wants a V60 and is in a perfect position to get a decent deal next October-December after her current lease is up. Absolutely no need for pull ahead now, even if she could do it in December (she can’t).

The reason I ask is to see which one of us is right about how early a pull ahead can be executed.

You knew what, exactly?

I knew this, obviously:

You wouldn’t let I go even though it was clear that pull-ahead was never a good decision for her. If she waits until the end, she will also get loyalty. And sometimes Volvo offers 2k loyalty for particular models.

I was looking to prove the pull ahead can be done prior to nine months before lease expiration, which you seem committed to believing. As a result, you would have anyone on this forum not understand that they’ve got about 3 additional weeks to do so. AP919 can ask if she qualifies now. It doesn’t mean she’s under the slightest obligation to do the pull ahead. This isn’t about her doing a pull ahead for a car that’s not available yet and you know it.

So you want her to spend time during holiday season trying to prove some guy from a forum right (or wrong)? Yeah, makes sense :thinking:

I will just give you a 4th grade math: 3 people lease their cars on the same date - Oct 1. #1 makes payments on the 1st of each month, #2 moved her payments to 15th of each month, #3 asked to not have first payment until the following month.
Q: When do they qualify for pull-ahead according to the rules:
a. All at the same on Jan 1: 9 months from maturity
b. All at 3 different times, with ##1 and 2 prior to Jan 1 and #3 after Jan 1 because they all will have 9 payments left at different times.

@KD6-3.7

I haven’t checked. I’ve been incredibly busy at work (you know, how I would pay for the car!) because of people taking time off – still figuring that one out since some people have taken ridiculous amounts of time this year, or so it seems, hah – and someone out on maternity leave. I’ll try to shoot my dealer an e-mail today, since I need to start figuring this out. Either way, it seems like all the Volvo lease terms kind of suck right now, so I’m not moving on anything any time soon.

Did I read somewhere that you knew you couldn’t combine loyalty, @Ursus, because you did the pull ahead? What did you end up getting?

You can’t combine loyalty with pull ahead.
At this point I’m just waiting until the end of lease and maybe will order a V60 to extend the lease.

Looks like 3.7 is in the self imposed ban, but something tells me he will be back, eventually.

1 Like

Okay, so my dealership just confirmed that it is now a 5-month pull-ahead, not a 9-month pull-ahead, so I have to wait.

I have made 27 payments; the one due in a week is my 28th payment. That would put me at April for the pull-ahead, which I guess is good, because the prices will hopefully change then, and they’ll be gearing up for 2020 models by then and still flush with 2019s (my dealership where I bought my 2017 has something like 95 2019 S60s).

You don’t need to do pull-ahead at all, IMO:

1. You lose your loyalty with pull-ahead
  2. You have a great current car
  3. You can extend your lease through December (if needed) and have more flexibility to get a better deal in December.
1 Like

True, I guess I’m just getting anxious. December is SOOOO far away! Plus, I haven’t kept a car this long since early 2012 (and that was a 16-year-old Grand Cherokee)! I also wouldn’t get a 2019 next December, unless 2020s are not out yet. The residuals on year-old cars are never worth it.

Waiting game it is right now.

PS - I noticed that loyalty, at least for some cars, is $1,500. I definitely don’t want to lose that!

Great catch, loyalty now is $1,000 on lease/$1,500 on purchase. But they also increased acquisition fee to $995, so almost a wash.
Buying a V90 just became $500 better too - ~30% off after all incentives and loyalty on a loaner.

Edit: just tried estimator and it actually gives me $1,500 on an S60 lease!

1 Like

$1,500 lease loyalty is in NE, but the same $500 in Mid-Atlantic. So it is regional.