Off Topic Landfill

I’d have to research…haven’t really followed the x2.

I’d appreciate if you were to post your considerations.

Sorry, bro…that did get off topic. My bad.

1 Like

Regarding the 1% rule, I think it partially has to do with decision to buy vs lease.

Ie. why buy a car when you can lease for 1% or less of the msrp or, on the flip side, a car that leases well over 1% is something that should be purchased and not leased.

If what you’re saying is correct (which it’s not), then he has only 1 day to take advantage of the 9 month pull ahead. He would have a payment due for the 1st of Jan, Feb, Mar, April, May, June, July, Aug, and Sept. If he pulls ahead after Jan 1, he’d only have 8 payments left.

Right. And you know this because…? You just do, of course lol. Try contacting your high level “sources” to confirm.
Again - it has nothing to do with payments. I had 9 payments left with 11 months to go and no dice before June 28 with the lease maturity on March 28. My dealer contacted Volvo and told me. Then I contacted them and got the same answer - 9 months from lease maturity date. → @AP919

1 Like

I know from past experience that the due date for the 10th payment before lease end had to pass, i.e. a customer couldn’t pay ahead themselves the prior payments. Meaning make 2 payments to reduce the remaining number of payments to 9.

In your scenario, June 28th was the due date of your 28th payment, right? And Volvo will waive the last 9 payments, right? That means you only have June 28th to turn in the car 9 months before termination and do the deal.

It doesn’t make sense on a lease to have 9 months and 9 payments remaining- that would only be on the due date of the 28th payment.

I am asking my VCFS contact - it’s a good question. @Ursus - you don’t need to be snide towards me. It’s not constructive.

I’ve been very nice with you, actually :slight_smile:
So, here is where the misunderstanding is, I believe: Volvo’s 9 months pull-ahead says they will waive up to 9 payments (may not be exact wording, to lazy to look, but the 9 payments max). But 9 months and 9 payments would only be the case if I had my last payment on March 28. But I don’t - I’m 1 payment ahead because they messed up my property taxes last year and then credited one extra month. So from June 28 pull-ahead eligibility date through March 28 lease maturity date they would only waive my 8 payments and not 9. And you are right about pre-paying a month or two to move into 9 remaining payments - you can’t do it and need to be within actual 9 months from maturity date.

In the case of @AP919 - she will be eligible after Jan 1 and not after Dec 1, no matter how many payments she has left.

@Ursus - your case is an unusual one with the payment credit issue. I would help you with my high level “source,” except his turf is the western region. You need your dealership to contact the VCFS market manager for your region.

I love it when you stand your ground in your contentions- we’ll see who’s right. It could be you, but it seems unbelievable that the max time is 9 months if they waive 9 payments. It doesn’t make sense. My guess is it’ll be once the 28th payment shows up as due, which should be before the actual payment due date. I’ll post what I hear.

I’ve told you before the position of my top VCFS source. When you refer to him as a “high level “source”” you’re implying I’m not telling the truth. That’s not appreciated and unnecessary. If that’s ‘being nice,’ you’ve got a ways to go. Just sayin’.

When I corrected you and you said I was wrong - I wasn’t and you were. She will be eligible after Jan 1 (as I said), and not after Dec 1 (as you said). After she makes her payment on Jan 1, she will have 9 payments and 9 months left. End of story.

Bottom line: one must be within 9 months of lease maturity date. The rest is irrelevant.

You think she’ll have 9 payments left after she makes her Jan 1 payment?

I don’t know, didn’t pay attention to her schedule. She may be a month ahead or not, the account info is confusing. It shows 25 payments left, yet I think it counts a payment that hasn’t been made but scheduled (Oct 16 according to her). At least that’s what they told me when I tried to figure out my pull-ahead availability hoping it was based on 9 payments rather than 9 months.

Trick question? LOL

Let’s make a simple analogy- pretend it’s a 1 month pull ahead and your lease expires Dec 15th. You make your last payment by Nov 15th. You paid your 2nd to the last payment by Oct 15th, so there’s only one payment remaining. To have the number of payments and months left be the same, you have to turn the car in on the day the last payment is due. But there’s only been one payment due since Oct 15th, 2 months prior to lease expiration. It’s obviously most efficient to drive the car as close to 30 days after making your 2nd to the last payment since you’ve paid for that, right?

I just talked to my “source,” and he said as long as there are 9 payments remaining and they’re scheduled payments (meaning the 10th to last payment wasn’t made early), you can do the pull ahead once the payment is credited on Volvo’s side. He said you could be 9 months and 3 weeks ahead of the lease expiration chronologically and qualify. (If you did that, you have effectively walked away from 3 weeks worth of use of the car).

You can argue all you want, but I’d suggest talking to a supervisor at VCFS or something before you insist you have to be within 9 months of lease maturity date. They mean 9 months worth of scheduled payments.

TL;DR
Don’t you get it? Read again:

You were wrong, so grow a pair and accept it.
Read the first paragraph that clearly states “if you have nine (9) or fewer months…receive a waiver of up to nine (9) monthly payments…”

Is it necessary to say “grow a pair and accept it.” This is undignified, unnecessary, and unprofessional.

WIth 9 remaining payments, there could be 10 months time-wise from expiration, agree or not? I just talked to the market manager for VCFS and confirmed as stated above.

Believe what you want, but you are the one that’s wrong. What you’re saying makes no sense. Volvo means 9 payments left = 9 months left.

Spam removed 202020

Why would he laugh at me? Unlike YOU, I’ve posted very little. Do you even have a job? It seems that all you ever do is post on this website.

Because I think you are funny and you make me laugh :thinking:
I take moderation here very seriously. Why else would the owners pay me so much?

Ya, especially when someone proves you wrong. Just ask KD2. You always come through in fine style by merging and purging them right into landfill.
Didn’t realize moderators were such highly paid professionals. Next to Walmart greeters, you must really be raking in the BIG BUCKS, huh?

I hide my own posts with the wrong info in the landfill also. You got me.
How much does a retired math teacher make, so I can give you correct answer about my pay here? :grin:
Who’s KD2?
Edit: @delta737h I can see you are still working on your reply, but unfortunately I need to leave. But first I need to fulfill my duties. You know where to find this conversation. Best. P.S. Your reply wiil also go there