Please help-Volvo V60 lease end

Or she…

But anyway, based on 9 months, I think I might actually be able to take advantage of it now?

I just logged in to schedule my payment due on the 16th.

By the way, @Ursus, I know you’re here in the NYC area. I’m not sure where you are, @KD6-3.7, but after today/tonight, I don’t know how I could go with a brand that isn’t Volvo.

We had our first snow of the season, and the municipalities were woefully unprepared; the streets weren’t even salted/sanded. Traffic was a mess, to put it lightly. It normally takes me about an hour and 15 minutes to get home. It took me EIGHT HOURS. EIGHT HOURS. I left work at 3PM.

I was driving uphill on pure ice, driving on a lot of unplowed snow, snow on top of ice, everything you can think of, and it was smooth as anything. I think it was better than anything I’ve driven before. I’ve had this car for 2 years now but never driven it on snow like this or for so long in snow or so much. Everyone was sliding, people were spinning out or stranded, and I didn’t slip once in nearly 40 miles. It was beautiful. I’m also really thankful because there were numerous accidents, so even thinking about anything else would be really tough…

1 Like

I’m in DC area. But you should try a Subaru in the snow :slightly_smiling_face:
I know, you love your Volvo and it is on a different level.

1 Like

@AP919 - I’m in NorCal. Our in house Volvo trainer lives in Colorado and is a bona fide race car driver as well (he has driven for the the US version of Top Gear). He says there’s something special about Volvo’s AWD vs other manufacturer’s (which he has also trained dealers on). He attributes it to Volvo being based in Sweden and winter driving being a high priority.

Ashleigh, it looks like you need to make your 26th and 27th payments before you qualify for the 9 month pull ahead, so they were due on 11/1 and coming up for 12/1, right? After Volvo posts your 12/1 payment, you’ll have 9 remaining with the 9th to last payment being due 1/1/2019. According to my source, after the 10th to last payment is credited (early December), you’ll qualify for the 9 month pull ahead (which probably will be extended next year). You can have a Volvo dealer check to see when you qualify for the 9 month pull ahead by looking in the 360 Portal. Part of qualifying is having a good payment history.

I’m told Volvo has no restrictions on S60 orders- their plan is to build as many as are needed and they have the capacity. So, getting a good discount is possible now (on an order vs out of stock), but the payments won’t be too good until some decent incentives come along for the money factor and lease cash. I would like to think by the summer there could be some good incentives. You’ve got until Oct 1st, so you’ve got time. If you got the car in September, you might want to check your registration and make sure you turn it in before it expires.

@Ursus - nothing wrong with Subarus. I wouldn’t assume their AWD is better in the snow, not counting any ground clearance difference. I know Subarus have good safety ratings, but I would rather be in a Volvo on my worst day on the road. The Volvo is a higher-end car, obviously. The demographics for Subaru and Volvo are similar, differentiated by price is my take. I’ve heard the demographic is sometimes called the “Pipe and slipper” crowd. Somewhat intellectual.

1 Like

I have both and would rather have my wife drive her Forester than my S60 FWD in the snow (or any Volvo AWD sedan). With Volvo SUVs would not be much difference, though Subaru’s AWD is the best (maybe not better than Quattro). But Volvo is in the different class, so we are not comparing apples-to-apples.

No personal experience to draw from, but for what it’s worth. Our in house trainer Paul Gerrard says Volvo’s AWD smokes Quattro. Ground clearance is an issue in the snow. I had a 2004 WRX and lived in snow country. With studded snow tires, that car was an animal. Ground clearance, not so much.

https://www.theoptimumdrive.com/

Edit- we did test the XC40 on an off-road dirt course against a Q3 Quattro and the XC40 murdered the Audi.

It’s your tires as much as what AWD system you have

I emailed Paul to ask him about Volvo’s AWD vs Quattro or Jeep and he replied:

"first thing to say it the car with the best (Winter) tires will be best in the snow even if it’s just 2wd drive (exception being very steep climbs).

Next on the hit parade is not the hardware comprising the AWD system, it is the manufacture specific tuning of the stability and traction control systems. This is where Volvo excels vs. any other manufacturer. The others require you to disable the systems (compromising safety) to get the mobility of a Volvo with all systems on and active. Remember the XC40 Demo in Austin vs the Audi? All systems on the Audi shut down and the Volvo launched much harder and maintained power through the corner. We just did a similar dry pavement version with the S60 vs Audi, Lexus and Mercedes…same result."

“In conclusion, lots of companies do a great job marketing their AWD systems but none actually preform as well as a Volvo and always fit Winter tires!”

Sorry, not sure why I never received notifications for the other posts.

I do agree that it’s partially the tires (I have the OEM Pirelli tires), but I still think and agree a big part of it is the drivetrain and how power is distributed. I believe that the Volvo system is superior to the others I have owned and driven, especially with those mentioned here

I haven’t done much with Audi/Quattro, but I owned a 4x4 Grand Cherokee for 10+ years, and yes, it gave you the option to disable it, and it was easy to knock it out of gear. It was never as good as my Volvo, but admittedly, it was also very different and older technology. I had mud/snow Michelins on there and didn’t have the same traction I do now.

Two of my newer cars were AWD Fusions. They were okay, and I believe the OEM tires on both were Michelin all seasons, if I remember correctly, and again, I definitely hydroplaned a few times.

Interestingly, the second Fusion was a combination Ford/Subaru dealer, and the Volvo closest to me is also combined with Subaru, so I had Subaru loaners sometimes from Ford. I honestly didn’t care for them very much. The cars definitely felt less solid than my Volvo and my Fusions.

I’ll have to look into the S60 and see what they will do. I do have a-plan, which probably yields nothing now, and I want to drive it before I do anything.

I actually already made my 26th payment. My payments are due on the 16th. I arranged to move my payments to the middle of the month because all my bills were otherwise due within 10 days! My 27th payment is in December, so I guess I’m eligible next month? That could be interesting with holiday promotions. I’m still open to an s90 or v90 (I doubt pricing will ever be released on the v60, haha, and there’s been too much hype anyway).

I guess I’ll email my salesman from last time and start from there, but I’ll obviously shop around. Best price wins!

A response has to have the @AP919 tag for you to be notified. You should qualify for the pull ahead after your 27th payment has been made on schedule- probably the earlier original due date, if your payment history is good. Most manufacturers keep pricing close to the vest until just before release to keep their competitors in the dark.

You wonna bet that she won’t be eligible until Jan 1 (9 months to lease maturity on Oct 1)? :smirk:

I would be up for that. $100 says if she makes her 10th to last payment on time, she’ll be eligible prior to the due date of the 9th to last payment. You win if she’s ineligible until the date of her 9th to last payment AND is eligible on the date of her 9th to last payment. Otherwise I win.

Can you not confuse anyone by talking about number of payments and just make it simple:
I win if she is not eligible until after Jan 1 when she hits 9 months to maturity, you win if she can do pull ahead before Jan 1 and prior of the 9 months to lease maturity.
@AP919 needs to request pull-ahead after Dec 16 and lease new car before Jan 1.
Agree?

No money involved, just the bragging rights of being Volvo-smart lol

Bragging rights are priceless to me…

• these dates are acceptable if her lease maturity is Oct 1, 2019.
  • for you to win, she has to be ineligible from 12/15-1/1 and eligible on/after 1/1. She doesn’t have to lease a car.
  • for me to win, she has be be eligible prior to 1/1. She doesn’t have to lease a car, just be eligible.

Eligibility to be determined by a dealer looking up her VIN in the 360 Portal, not someone on the phone.

Yep. But if she’s not going to lease that means the process is not finished. So we have to rely on her to initiate the pull-ahead in December + her dealer submitting her VIN and it being accepted/rejected before Jan 1.
I knew that bragging rights worth more than money to you :grin:

She can see if she qualifies without actually doing a pull ahead. If she provides her VIN, I can check in the 360 Portal. Or she can just ask a dealer to look in the portal and tell if it qualifies or not.

I don’t trust you :laughing:
Must be her dealer, but that’s what I meant - to go thorough a dealer to verify eligibility.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

I know, I know. You will still insist that it’s 9 payments and not 9 months :grin:

1 Like

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill