Off Topic Landfill

And here you are, a well respected person in the tech community and you BS me for my time…

People shop around. Just because someone starting talking to you doesn’t mean they won’t shop you.

1 Like

Right… when they make plans to fly down to the dealer and come at noon to pick up the car. All the while they don’t even have the intention to purchase. The CA made sure he was there and car is prepped…

Unless youre his spouse you have no reason to butt in.

People like him is the reason why im going to start charging a retainer. Great job “Nick”

It is an open forum buddy. If you can post, so can I.

you guys saw this other than @Ursus ?

It mirrors my feelings about over moderation which i have already expressed here and now you have people starting to complain that we’re over moderating.

Again - the guy changed his user name and deleted his original post. So everything after that is irrelevant, IMO. Nothing to do with moderation, just clean up.

I agree with @305Hackr. Locking the post is okay, but why move the posts? What if he decides to change his name again and start posting in the future? People should be able to view his previous posts/threads. It seems like it’d be very useful info for brokers.

This is nonsense, Jon. You will never know if that is the same person. He screwed @bmms8 and will not use his old name (which I don’t even remember) again. bmms8 messaged me and we have understanding there. So, lets agree that we all see things differently. I feel that you close too many topics (especially right after we were given this option), for example. In any case - you can just move whatever you want back.

Yes, I agree to that. I usually explain why I close threads, unless it’s merged with another similar thread. You also have the power to re-open any closed theads you see fit.

I guess this is why we have been asking @michael and @littleviolette for more direction/guidelines to see how they want us to treat various situations.

We are all equal here and I don’t want to step on someone’s toes by reversing their actions even if I disagree with them.
My opinion is that it is almost impossible to make all agree on the course of actions even with the most comprehensive directions/guidelines. Every situation will be unique - do you remove only certain posts? do you remove responses also? do you keep track of context so thread makes sense after posts removed? etc.

i think we need this, even if it is basic. Yes, it’s still subjective but i think it will help if people have guidelines and do their best to follow them rather than having nothing to go by.

How about common sense? :wink:

everybody has “different” common sense :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Right, but at least the definition of it is that it is “common” LOL

i think this conversation about common sense should go in the landfill…oops…already there :sunglasses:

Sent an email hope to hear from you soon and if everything works out give a review

Quick question:

If I lease a vehicle in NYS and pay sales tax upfront in NYS - do I have to pay the sales tax for NJ again when I transfer the title/registration if I move to NJ in 1-2 months time - or is it already paid for the duration of my lease?

Hey looking at leasing a XC90 T6 Mom

What the best price

Good price for Quattro!
@IvanAudi can you replicate?