Off Topic Landfill

Yeah that’s right, everyone gets their OLED stuff from LG, their displays are nuts, but too rich for my blood! I ended up “settling” for the consensus best 65" Samsung 4K I could afford, and I haven’t really regretted it. Maybe next time…

Actually, most reviews say LGs are the best OLEDs (I’m also biased because I have 2) but this is a car forum not a TV one :stuck_out_tongue:

So I can’t talk about OLEDs? I have an LG OLED and I’ve demo’d both sets. The Sony OLED with X1 processor is superior.

No I was just stating we’re getting off-topic. RTINGS.com and CNET would disagree with you though

the g70 is basically a more reliable BMW. The g70 was engineered by Albert Bienman of BMW M and designed by Peter Streyer of Audi. I’m interested in test driving one as well but they havent gotten any inventory in my area yet. Long as the OP is happy with his car, thats what matters.

And manufactured by Hyundai. It’s okay to like, even love the car. Tell yourself whatever you want to get to sleep. But the badge ain’t three letters and a roundel.

2 Likes

If you think that because one dude who used to work for BMW now works at Hyundai/Kia/whatever that it makes the car ‘engineered like a BMW M’, you’re a total fool. Sorry.

The overall design is one thing. Engineering is totally different.

6 Likes

Albert Bienman was the man responsible for the suspension engineering of every M car since the e30 M3. so i’m sure he has pretty good knowledge of how things should be done…stop being a brand snob and look at it objectively

The point isn’t that Albert Biermann isn’t a professional or an expert, the point is that Albert Biermann is one man from BMW and the majority of the car is Hyundai.

His expertise is no doubt significant, but calling the G70 an BMW just because Albert is on the team kind of does Hyundai an injustice. They’re trying to break the people’s negative perception of them as a company and the products they provide.

4 Likes

i’m a general car enthusiast…so i look at the merits of the car not the badge. I’m sure your happy driving around in your 320i but i’m happy other brands are stepping up their game.

I do not have a 320i and wouldn’t.

That doesn’t make a Hyundai a BMW.

You should assume fewer things. And just stop stating stuff like “a Hyundai . . . Is a BMW.”

1 Like

if you studied the g80 at all then you would know he significantly changed the suspension setup. If you look at the suspension setup of the old g80 and the new g80 the front end suspension setup and geometry is completely different. The g70 suspension is similar to the 3 series. Thats why a lot of the reviewers say the g70 drives similar to the 3 series.

All cars are made of the same parts…only difference is the engineering in how their implemented. Hyundai brought in a lot of german design and engineering talent, so its finally starting to show.

but i’ll reserve final judgement until i drive it. I thought the stinger’s 3.3t turbo was fast but i thought it was too big and interior wasn’t up to a 50k level car. hopefully the genesis g70 will be better.

So a 2019 Porsche 911 clutch will drop right into a 1995 MX-5?

1 Like

why dont you look at the merits of the car and not the badge…it’ll only help you in the long run to exp great cars.

Who said I don’t? You stated something fallacious.

That doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate any non-premium car.

Can I suggest that this BMW vs. Genesis debate get taken to the off-ramp, or even better, PM? This isn’t productive nor is it relevant to the thread.

5 Likes

You’re right. My :bat:.

Over and out.

But I contend as fact: Genesis <> BMw

LOL just do a bit more research…most manufacturers use the same outside suppliers for a lot of same parts of the car across different brands. its also one of the reasons you starting to see a narrowing of the reliablity difference between domestic and import cars.

For example the 2006 aston martin vantage used the same intercooler pump as the ford 150. Doesnt make the aston martin a f150.

It looks like a mix of few cars (Giulia, Q50, A4). Kind of reminds me of a car from GTA5 game. A little off here, a little from there.