Off Topic Landfill 4

Thank you for reaching out, just shot you back an email

Only the Limited smells, right? The SEL leather was spared?

Itā€™s basically only some of the 2020 limited trims in beige. A few black ones too, but almost only the beige interior.

Something along those lines, as I remember

AKA ā€œthe only interior color everyone should ever get and thatā€™s a factā€. ~my wife

4 Likes

Garlic-fragranced seating surfacesā€¦ $3,000 Market Addendum.

2 Likes

This is priceless, just spray some off the shelf fabreeze on it, itā€™ll be fine! And that was official TSB from Hyundai :slight_smile:

And then they figured out the problem and replaced the tsb to replace the parts.

When all the way on top of the thread I said ā€œbutthurtā€ and kool-aid drinkers, I didnā€™t realize that you will actually get so offended that you will continue this in a landfill of posts. And ā€œfirst-time luxury car buyersā€ thing was a nice touch, donā€™t know where it came from, but Iā€™m guessing you are still engaged in a childish contest of trying to be right.

Seriously dude, grow up.

I clicked the icon on my phone that said someone else replied to me and responded, much as Iā€™m sure you just did. I wasnā€™t even aware the posts had been moved.

I have no clue what ā€œfirst-time luxury car buyerā€ thing youā€™re talking about.

Nah, Iā€™m at the computer, I see where the posts are. And I apologize I keep getting you and max confused, heā€™s the one with the ā€œfirst timeā€ thing in the meme thread.

Run into the shop to get a BMW for comparison? LOL Iā€™m not anti-BMW for the record, but the Infinitiā€™s/Nissanā€™s I have had were rock solidā€¦no issues whatsoever. We all know that we donā€™t even need to discuss BMWā€™s reliability. Would I say that BMW has better materials, and is more refined? In general, yes, absolutely. The people that buy BMW for the badge and degrade other brands are what kill me (i.e. a base 3 series), you couldnā€™t give me one of the heaps for free. Also, there is little comparison in terms of performance value.

Iā€™m reading this after having a recalled cvt, your mileage and experience will vary.

:chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

Haha! I would have a difference opinion on that then as well. Iā€™ve only have the manual 6 speeds or the automatics. None of my cars were the cvt. I am aware that some of the vehicles have had/do have issues with those transmissions.

Here after having a Nissan buyback because:

• car broke down at 600 miles, same problem at 2000 miles
  • CVT never working right to a point of almost getting killed because the car just decided to stop mid-lane pulling out of a parking lot. The dashcam footage from the semi that almost t-boned me because of it was ā€œspecialā€ to watch
  • and a whole bunch of weird issues. The car spent more time in the shop for transmission related issues than I actually had it.

Do I get a license to bash other brands if my bmw is fully loaded? Is there a form I need to fill out, or should I have gotten something from the dealer? because all I got was this:

8 Likes

I get the middle finger from someone almost every time I drive either BMW (but especially the 7).

While it is absolutely 100% true that I drive like an asshole, people arenā€™t bothered nearly as much when Iā€™m in our 13-year-old RX350.

4 Likes

Itā€™s the expectations vs reality. You expect someone in a BMW to do stupid shit, and dismiss it with ā€œmeh what are you going to doā€.

Like how Yugos have nice heated rear windows to keep your hands warm while pushing them in the snow :rofl:

5 Likes

I am going to use that as my sales pitch when people are cross-shopping Land Rover, except when they break down and not stuck in the snow.

3 Likes

In all seriousness here is what I never understood about responses like this AFTER the sale is already made. Why? From personal experience, after I reach a deal, I shoot a short email to all others politely explaining what I went with. In most cases the responses are either along the lines of ā€œenjoy your new car, keep us in mind for any future needsā€, or no response at all. The ones that provide that extra ā€œgood luckā€ response I do keep in mind if anyone is looking for what they offer in the future.

To go that extra step to tell a customer that they suck, seems very pointless and if nothing else destructive. There are lot of brokers, dealers, industry people here, what benefit would it provide to tell the customer AFTER the deal is already done that they made a bad choice and should feel bad?

Ok, I may have misinterpreted/assumed a bit. I could see that being the case, that is why Infinitiā€™s are great to lease (or at least used to be). For that matter, people with poor credit shouldnā€™t be leasing a vehicle anyway haha.

"Each car has their own merit regardless of who actually buys them"
x100 agree.