[NY/NJ/CT Area] 2018 BMW M3 6MT - $804/mo - Individual Interior/Exterior - 1 of 2

, , , ,

@Britten440 Can you enlighten me a little more on this?

I am a ex NY’er that just moved to NJ (Bergen County) and Im in the process of transferring my NY plates/registration from NY to NJ. Oh what a hassle for NJ DMV to register my car in NJ. I had to reach out to the captive bank (VW Credit) and send them a letter from the NJ DMV requesting they release the title to them and now am waiting for the NJ DMV to call me in so I can register the car in NJ.

Funny thing is that the lease is over on that car in about 2 months. Have to go thru all this nonsense of transferring when I’ll ultimately give the plates back (after returning the car).

Are you saying NJ will additionally tax my payment (6.625%) in addition to the tax that is on my monthly payment when I leased it in NY?

Sorry for the noob questions. Im not the first to prob go thru this…

Did you have to do that if only 2 months left?:slight_smile:
I seen plenty of NY plates in Stamford, CT for residents who live here and seems like don’t bother to transfer plates.
Got to the point that our city of hiring a company investigator to track such people:)

Yup, that’s my understanding per NYS taxation rules. Luckily you only have 2 months left so not the end of the world.

I definitely would have rolled the dice with NY plates with only a few months left just due to the hassle of requesting the title to your specific NJ DMV and the $200+ to title and register the car.

Generally speaking states do not tax registrations for people moving into the state.

Yes, my insurance company (Geico) made me transfer my registration as they said NY is very strict with wanting their plates back.

I already have a NJ drivers license and my address with Geico was updated to NJ so Geico said you have 30 days to do it.

I did just lease a new car this weekend but that’s automatically getting registered to NJ with my new address.

Was planning to just drive the VW with NY plates for the remainder of the lease. Oh well.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

I unloaded my 6MT M3 that was $780 all in in without ZCP under a week about a month ago. I had to take down the ad down because I had 5 people lined up to take the car and more people texting me, you shouldnt have a problem finding someone that wants it. Agreed on the ZCP obsession, its a bunch of jackalopes that just want to say they have it but have never turned traction control off or taken the car above 5k rpm.

1 Like

Slowly but surely getting more interest.

More $ added to incentives. Payment is now even lower from $846 down to $804.

the whole m/amg obsession is funny cause more than 80% will never take the car to the track and half of them will never go over 120 in the car, its just a bunch of rich stuckup people who can afford the badge and want to “stunt for the gram,” half of these people dont even know what the w211 e55 or the e39 m5 look like, but hey I still like the car for what it is and that’s all the matters to me, badge bunnies can kick rocks.

One could argue that about any luxury good. Watches are a great example.

But, people can spend their money however they choose. And, if someone decides to spend it on high end goods, it doesn’t mean they’re stuck up or doing it for other people.

I think that’s a gross generalization. But that’s why I love America and not Stalins USSR.

5 Likes

TBH, most people do not take cars to track, you can afford to own/lease a car doesn’t means you can afford to crash a car on the track and write a check for it. (Your insurance won’t cover your car on track in case you don’t know.

For amg/m, most track days you couldn’t find any AMGs lol. And the newer AMGs are actually better track cars than old ones, so I assume pretty much no one take e55 to track either.

However, you do see a lot of Porsches, BMWs in track days, and BMW CCA do organized fantastic track days especially for beginner.(Better than NASA on beginner level IMO).

So I do believe there are not funny reasons for the m obsession at least :slight_smile:

Disclosure: I am actually a JDM guy…

2 Likes

I believe people are free to choose the way they spend their money. I am not sure where the anger and phony statistics (80%? Why not 90%?!) come from. You are right, most people don’t push the cars to their limits, most people don’t buy SUVs to go off road, most people don’t use the full capability of their computers or phones, … but everyone is free to enjoy their money in any way they wish.

And from a different point of view, people that buy these fast cars are the ones that keep the AMG/M/… alive.

Finally, I never understand why someone thinks they can judge others.

2 Likes

Let’s hope that if 80% of owners won’t track their car, that it is indeed true that more than half won’t go over 120, because at least 80% of the time, by the above logic, they’d necessarily be doing on the street, which simply isn’t cool. Lots of people are driving their kids to school on those same streets.

It takes a number of years of adulthood to truly appreciate the adage that “Just because I can, doesn’t mean I should.”

I use the AMG/M badge to pass by people driving slow in the fast lane.

1 Like

Stuck up badge bunny. :rofl:

1 Like

you only need the amg/M badge if you want to do that without signalling. otherwise an audi/bmw badge will suffice

4 Likes

Here in so cal you need an amg/m just to be able to merge onto the freeway safely! At least that’s the excuse I told my wife.

1 Like

even a bmw badge is suffice enough to not signal and cut across 3 lanes of traffic, its german engineering dude.

1 Like

ok where did I say it’s ok to go 0-60 through a school zone or drive like that during rush hour like a bat out of hell, there are backroads you know and the highways may be packed at 4am in socal and the bay area but the rest of the country isn’t the same, there’s a time and place for everything, with a little bit of discretion you can figure out if something is dumb, with technology and large advancements in the auto industry cars are faster than ever, a base accord or Camry can cruise at 90+ which used to be supercar territory not so long ago, most of the times it’s a car that you would never expect to lose control that causes a huge accident.

I dont believe in that age = brains adage, lots of guys have wrecked their “mid life crisis” car because they never dealt with something so powerful, I think it depends on each person, I drive safer than half these 30 and 40 year olds out here because they cant put their phone down and im only 24, conversely I’m sure some kids in their 20s can run circles around me on a track. Lots of other factors and I could go on but you can still have fun with the car and not put anybody in danger is the point im trying to convey.