Momentum Auto Group shut down

Here is an interesting article.

Saw this on the local news few days ago. That’s sad. Especially, for the employees during Thanksgiving and holiday season…

Strange but not surprising. When I tried to buy a Volt from there (Momentum Chevrolet in San Jose, CA) - they had 400 in stock when other dealers had 30 at most. They also were not the cheapest game in town. Not surprised they’re being crippled by debt.

I believe the SJ store is still around, the other ones just shut down

RIGHT, that’s who really suffers the most. All of the employees who don’t have a check going into Thanksgiving and the holidays.

I fail to see the guy’s business acuman and plan… Was he just going to keep buying inventory until people started showing up?

“If you buy it, they will come.”

Most of Stevens Creek location in SJ have crazy prices, not really worth going to. I guess it helps to be in a good area for business.

Anyway apparently the fire had cause sales to drop. They were running low in terms of cash flow, the fire made it to a point where they can’t bare anymore and therefore they just closed the door. I am not from the area, but I am curious to see if all those cars are just sitting there.

I know the SJ Chevy store is open. I called them on Friday and left a message for the service department, no one ever called back to make an appointment with me.

I read Momentum Chevy was majority owned by Chevy, so maybe that’s why they can get so many vehicles.

That would explain why they could stay open too. I sense a renaming coming though

Will be interesting to see what they do with all the cars. This is tough since you can’t just wait to complete the bankruptcy proceeding with depreciating assets (cars) losing value every day.

Also Interesting to see what they do with the cars that are stuck in service. I suspect some of those people are going to get screwed unless the State AG can somehow force those cars to be released.

Momemtum Chevrolet has sold all 160+ inventory in a month and they no longer any available. Is this even possible? With high prices, how were they able to sell all?
The internet sales manager was saying that he does not have any left.

That’s very possible. They may have dropped their price since I bought 3.5 months ago.

If they lose the franchise, the manufacturer usually divvies up the cars to other dealers, send a few transports out and away they go.

2 Likes

This story is nuts. I would totally watch it if someone made this into a movie.