M3 Deal Thoughts?

So I’m working on this deal on a 2018 M3, car is ~78.5k MSRP. Dealer is playing a bit hard on getting me all the numbers but worst case I will go in and get them myself.

Currently their offer is $787/month for 36months 10k miles with full MSD and $0 due at signing (not sure about first month or not).

Putting that in the calculator I end up roughly with the following set: (selling price/fees currently unknown I just went with what feels realistic)

MSRP: [$78500]
Selling Price: [$70000]
Rebates: $4500
Down Payment: $0
Dealer Fee: $600

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [10,000]

MF: [0.00188]
MSD: 7
Residual: [61%]

Total Due At Signing: [$0] (not sure if first month is due or not)
Acquisition Fee: 925
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$787]

7% sales tax rate

I feel like there is some more room here especially with how (relatively) easy I got to these numbers. What are everyones thoughts? The CS ones are looking strong but that is just pushing what I am willing to spend.

Thanks!

I haven’t re-engineered your numbers so I am not sure whether the $4,500 incentives are already included in the sales price. The MT (as opposed to DCT) will be available at a higher discount as well since such drivers are harder to come by. With that said, a 12% discount is quite aggressive for non CS M3’s right now. The biggest question is whether the demand continues to linger thus making it truly hackr worthy.

No MT for me, I actually could have gotten an even better deal on a MT but thats a no-go. As far as I’m aware and to which a dealer agreed as well the lease support on MY18 M3 is ending in February so with that all the discounts I assume go away.

The $4500 incentives are separate from the price so its 11% off MSRP prior to any rebates.

I guess I also need to look at the CCA discount if that’s still a thing.

Ok, got it. I think it’s a good deal, not a great deal for an outgoing M3. The CS pricing is another story for another time.

Definitely an above average deal. What region and does it have comp package (my experience was they don’t let those go as easily)? In SoCal 10% was relatively easy but above that got painful.

Southeast, and no comp package sadly (granted its still an M3 so its just being picky at that point). I’m trying to get a matching offer on a car with comp package.

you better hit up nyclife

Wow thats a good reference point. I’m not in that territory sadly and $900+ effectively is territory I wasn’t looking to enter. But I’m definitely going to push my dealer some more.

Thanks for sharing!

Also run it at 24 months. Shouldn’t be much of a difference (once you negate the effect of spreading first month and registration over an extra year)

One more thought. You definitely want the comp package. Find other options you don’t need to get the msrp down.

An update on this one. I ended up getting the exact numbers over the weekend. 13% off MSRP prior to incentives however they refused to budge on inflated MF (0.00192 after MSD :rofl: ).

Still not a terrible deal but I refused it.

1 Like

You can live with the small mark up given the discount but I get it. I would think 13 - 15% off a none cs is going to be the best you’ll do.

1 Like

Did you ask them what’s the best deal they could do without marking up the MF? That way you see whether it would be a better deal when you applied MSDs to the non-inflated MF. You’ve negotiated a good deal here, have you spoken directly to the sales manager to see if they can do anything to get you over the line?

Ultimately it’s just moving money around, they’re trying to keep a little profit in the deal from the MF.

Lease support ends in a few days so if you really want the car now is the time to make the push. I know I mentioned it before but if you are not going to go for the comp package do they have a more stripped down one? Will save you money and I’m guess they will be willing to deal on them.

Yea thats why I went in for one, I actually just pretty much walked out on them and told them sorry but if they want to do the deal the number has to be lower and I wont accept the marked up MF. It was actually a discussion I had directly with the sales manager but I will be waiting to see if they reach back out.

I was working on a second one thats got around 1.5k miles on it, I asked that in order to make a deal happen I need 20% off on the vehicle but they only wanted to give a maximum of 13%. I showed them comparable vehicles that are going 20+% off MSRP but no go.

See my other reply but they weren’t willing to move at all. The interesting thing was getting to the initial number took only 2 phone calls and they already made it happen. But now that we’ve arrived at this number they have been unwilling to do anything.

If you’re indifferent about getting it then you might as well see what happens. Make one last push/follow/up with all the dealers you have dealt with. Might get one in the next couple days that decides to bite the bullet.

Yes exactly, the great thing is if none of this works out I’ll be buying a family members F-Pace S in early april which is also an awesome vehicle. So I am under zero “attachment” pressure.

So after having turned down a deal last month I now got a stronger deal on the same car.

$777/month on a 78.3k MSRP 2018 M3 for 36m/12k only 1st month at signing+MSD. Car is brand new (6miles)

Also going to post the deal screen, as I was wondering if I am interpreting everything correctly and they aren’t shafting me in any way?

Would appreciate any input before I put a deposit.

Thanks!