Looking to close a deal on a 2019 Acura TLX

Hi everyone! I’ve been reading through posts here for almost a year soaking it all in and learning about the art of leasing. I’m in the process of putting together my very first lease deal and would love some feedback. I currently have a quote from a dealer in NE Ohio and have countered with a lower selling price. The details are below. I’d love to get your feedback.

Dealer quote:

Counter information:

1 Like

Try Honker app from your mobile.
I have leased a car from Honker and my experience has been great.
Worth a try. At least you can find out how good your deal is.

Why dont you look for a 2018?

I looked at the 2018’s first. The inventory in my area is very limited on selection and the pricing was very comparable given the current lease cash on the 2019’s.

I was looking at the tlx a few months ago. On a 36k$ car my payments were coming to right around 300 with tax. This was on a 2018.

Something is very off here. I get a substantially lower monthly payment calculating this out by hand. The numbers in the caliculator you posted are also off.

Are you trading in a car with negative equity?

I did not include my trade in in the discussion at all. What am I missing here?

My guess is some sort of hidden fee:

Depreciation: ($29,567 - $18,341.1)/36 = $311.83

Finance Charge: ($29,567 + $18,341.1)*.00112 = $53.66

That’s $365.49, not including taxes and fees. You’re being quoted $406 a month with $1000 down.

Even if you add in fees, the numbers don’t match up.

Their final offer was was a selling price of $28,567 with ~$680 drive off. With the $250 doc fee, the $595 acquisition fee, and 8% applied to each payment the dealer quote me $382/mo.

When I run the math manually or through the calculator, I’m coming out at $382/mo

I am going in to talk with the dealer in person tomorrow, I’ll be sure to get a detailed breakdown of all the numbers at that time.

That’s a terrible deal. I was at a selling price of 27k on a 37k car, this is on a 33k car. If you can wait I suggest you wait till November/December when their incentives are more.

TLX pricing should always be under $400/mo with 0 down