Looking for a Range Rover Sport Lease - Is this a good deal?

I’m looking to lease a 2017 or 2018 Range Rover Sport and reached out to a dealer in OK (through my insurance app). I live between Tx and Ok and don’t mind leasing or shipping from anywhere; I’m just looking for the best deal.

Not sure what MF and residual he’s using to calc the deal but I would probably drive this vehicle less than 500 miles per month.

Here’s the deal he sent to me:
2018 Range Rover Sport HSE
MSRP? $82,879
Sales Price $81,579
Months 36
Miles 10K/yr

If I use my OK address:
Monthly Payment $1210
Due at signing $4882 (said it includes first payment, tags, title, excise tax, and license)

If I use my Tx address:
Monthly Payment $1366
Due at signing $1366 (said it includes first payment)

Calcs
Monthly Payment (Excl. Tax): $1,240
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $1,317
Drive-Off: $0
Registration and doc fee: $480
Tax on cap cost reduction and fees: $5
Leasehackr Score: 5.5 years
Disposition Fee: $300
Total Lease Cost: $45,999

leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Land Rover&msrp=82879&sales_price=81579&months=36&mf=.00221&dp=0&doc_fee=80&acq_fee=795&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=60&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=6.25&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&monthlyTax_radio=true&miles=10000&msd=0

I suggest posting it here: Worst leases you've seen

9 Likes

Oh wow … that bad? Understood.

Hard to evaluate without knowing RV and MF (find on Edmunds forums) and incentives (find on autobytel).

To find a better deal you must also be prepared to go beyond a presumably small-volume dealer in OK.

2 Likes

I thought I could get a better deal from a small town dealership but I guess not. I’ll look elsewhere.

I’m waiting on a reply but here is what I have so far:
V8 dynamic
36/7.5
.00171 MF and 59%/58% residual

V6 (380hp) HSE dynamic
36/10
00221 MF and 60%/59% residual

Try using a broker on here

1 Like

Why are you comparing apples:oranges? You either need 7.5k per year or 10k. Which one is it?

What is the tax situation in OK? What is the rate and are you taxed on the full price like in TX?

What does this mean? It is either one or the other.

1 Like

The numbers I posted was from another poster who asked for rates. I’m not quite sure of the specs on what the dealer is quoting me but I’ve posted 2 scenarios based on Edmunds #'s. Personally, the mileage doesn’t matter because I will only drive this vehicle about 500 miles per month. This vehicle will stay in Tx and I have another in Ok.

According to the dealer, he said OK requires includes first payment, tags, title, excise tax, and license upfront.

You get the best deal from high-volume dealerships, not small town. RRS doesn’t lease well to begin with, but a $1300 discount is laughable

1 Like

Frankly you only answered one of three questions I asked you.

You need to be more resourceful using google, the official DMV/tax dept pages for OK, Edmunds and the dealer. The more forthcoming you are with clear, unambiguous information the more likely you are to get any meaningful advice here.

Actually all 3 questions was answered in my original post but I went ahead and elaborated incase my post wasn’t clear enough.

You either need 7.5k per year or 10k. Which one is it?

From my initial post:
Not sure what MF and residual he’s using to calc the deal but I would probably drive this vehicle less than 500 miles per month.

What is the tax situation in OK? What is the rate and are you taxed on the full price like in TX?

From my initial post:
If I use my OK address:
Monthly Payment $1210
Due at signing $4882 (said it includes first payment, tags, title, excise tax, and license)

If I use my Tx address:
Monthly Payment $1366
Due at signing $1366 (said it includes first payment)

The MF and RV% came from another poster on Edmunds. I don’t have one specifically for my situation yet which is why I said I’m waiting on a reply.

PM me if you can pick up from NY/NJ for a better deal

For that kind of money, you could get a 2017 full-size supercharged.

2 Likes

I was hoping for a payment around $1K but his numbers aren’t adding up and for some reason he’s not responding as fast as I would like.

Thats a lot of money for such few miles.

MB GLS would lease for around 1k

I haven’t been attracted to MB SUVs lately. The GLS looks too much like a soccer mom van and I thought I was in love with the GLE until I sat in the back. I’m 5’10" and couldn’t sit forward facing in the GLE. But now that I think about it I would love to get a G-Wagon.

One of my local RR dealers is offering 10k off 2017 models.

https://www.landroverglencove.com/new-inventory/index.htm?search=&year=2017