Leasehackr Lingo/Jargon and Acronyms

So I guess the term “punched” only means that a car is reported as sold by the dealer while still staying at dealer’s possession then? Would love a definition from our dealers.

1 Like

Need some car biz terms on here @chevysalesgirl

Pounder
Mini
Roach
Straw purchase

:grimacing:

4 Likes

Skated - when another salesperson steals your customer,“Hey Steve just skated me on that deal, I had him logged!”

Stroke - A tire kicker that comes in and wastes your time

BDC - Business Development Center, a place where poor schleps have to call customers cold/follow up etc and tell them whatever to get them to come in.

1 Like

Yep missed those. We don’t use stroke at our store. We can them “jacks”. “I just got jacked for 2 hours”

Skating happens a lot

2 Likes

I’m not sure why but when I saw BDC my mind immediately pulled up big d*ck club.

3 Likes

Just covered straw here :slight_smile:

1 Like

See also “glorified secretary”

Ya thats a little weird one. Normally the Straw purchase is also registered in signers name.

I have a BDC Rep… Also happens to be my Sister in Law.

Yeah, that’s true.

Anyone whose ever filled out a 4473 would also know what a straw purchase is

“Fully Loaded” - Usually a mid to upper middle trim level car, with a bunch of options that jack up the price, but are used by the poster to justify the high price they paid. 99% of the time the car is not really “Fully Loaded”.

4 Likes

“Get me done” - someone with poor credit, usually sent to “spifi”, short for “special finance” aka 21% APR, they usually have “stips” to get their deals bought, aka stipulations, documents required by the bank to buy the contract, bank statements, pay stubs etc. As I drink more I remember more of the dealer lingo

2 Likes

Never seen spifi before.

I will update all these when I get a chance to the OP (original post), I would say original poster is (OPs), maybe… lol @michael

well are you gonna provide definitions ? :stuck_out_tongue:

This is actually a pretty good list

https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/car-lot-lingo-talk-the-talk.html

And another one, has the classic

Choke and Croak: The disability and life insurance policies sold in the finance office.

Was trying not too…

2 Likes

Too many video games, probably.

Down this same vein, I’d also note that

• $0 down means no CCR

• CCR means Cap Cost Reduction

• $0 DAS means literally nothing due at signing. Zero. Drive off without even putting a penny towards the lease

• ^ I thought this one was straightforward til a couple days ago when I saw a registered business not using it correctly and @chevysalesgirl had to correct them.
1 Like

thanks :smile: I’ll have to find a way to incorporate “pounders” into my daily convos now

1 Like

My 3 year old son uses it all the time. “Dada are you going to make Pounders?” “Ryder makes Pounders”

2 Likes