Lease on Demo 2018 BMW 4 Series 430i Gran Coupe

Hey guys I’m in Socal and just came across this deal for a BMW 4 series with 6,095 miles

Its MSRP is 53,470 and the dealer price is now $38,200. Its stocked with the M package, Harmon Kardon sound system etc.

The dealer gave me the following offer:

$488/month with 2,000 down. From what he said the $2,000 down includes everything except the first months payment.

MF is .00182

Do you guys think I have any more wiggle room here? If so what could I possibly try and get it down to?

1 Like

Something is off. Payment should be much lower with that kind of discount. Also with that discount, would check 24m as it might actually be less than a 36.

You paying 20k over 3 years. I am sure you can do better unless you sold on the car. No incentives on loaners over 5k. Also, residual takes 4% hit.

Thanks for your guys reply!
@NY13 @02cic what do you guys think I can work with here? What other “discounts” should I be asking/pushing for to drive the price down?

In addition to the mileage penalty as well.

Anything over 5k isn’t eligible for lease credits, so there are no “discounts” to be had. Only other thing you can try to negotiate is the sales price. At 29% off though, you’re probably not going to get much (if any) more off.

@mp11477 what do you mean by mileage penalty? Meaning if I surpass the allotted mileage at the end of the lease or is there some tyoe of penalty up front for it being over 5k miles?

Loaners have a mileage penalty of miles on the car - 500 *.25. So, in your case, your car is taking a 4% residual hit for being over 5k miles, and a further residual hit of $1398.75 for the miles on the car (6095 - 500 * 0.25 = 1398.75).

The reason the discount is so good is to compensate for this as well as the fact that no incentive dollars can be used on the car. You will be hard pressed to find a loaner under 5k with a 29% discount.

1 Like

Please post exact details of the deal. Line item list of credits/amt off of msrp (not the credits/allowances), drive offs if any, etc. Try posting the LH calc here w your numbers. I don’t see how the payment can be that high with 29% off. Then we can advise better.

There wouldn’t be any lease credits with that many miles.

A 4 series for 36/10 is 56% residual. Subtract 4% off the top for being over 5k. Then subtract another 1398.75 off that.

That gives you a RV of .494

I’m at 474 guesstimating his TTL + doc with 2k down, so it’s definitely possible.

I found a SoCal dealer doing a 2019 430 GC with $2000 das, $412 including LA tax. Requires loyalty.

Found a 2018 for $336+ tax, 2000 das.

Both cars are 36/10k, msrp of $48k

Thanks so much guys for all the input. Unfortunately the initial car I posted sold bc the dealer never called me back. I ended up speaking with a different person at the dealership and they have another stacked loaner with M package, Harmon kardon system and all the bells and whistles with 6,900 miles.

The MSRP was 55,485 but they have discounted 17,485 coming to a sale price of 38,000.

The dealers are being rather secretive about itemizing the discounts etc so the best he said he could do on a lease(and the 36/10k) was the most attractive was 450/month including tax plus $2,350 drive off which includes tax, title, license etc.

What do you guys think? Would love to try and haggle it down a bit more but no clue what else I could possibly say.

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated

I leased a 50k msrp 2018 430i gc for $1500 DAS and $363 tax included for 24/10 for reference~

I’d be shocked if they went lower. You’re at 32% off now, and this wouldn’t qualify for any incentives being over 5k.

You aren’t going to be able to haggle that down any more.

If you want the lease and loyalty incentives, you need to find a car with less than 5k miles. The 4 series has a worse residual compared with a 3 series.