Deal Review -- 2018 BMW X3 M40i Loaner $642/month + taxes + 3k down

Hello Hackrs,

I contacted a dealer over email for a quote on a 2018 X3 M40i demo that they have. These are the numbers from the first pass and I haven’t negotiated much with them till now. I haven’t asked them about MSDs yet and have not negotiated the upfront cash down.

Mileage on the car - 4k
Lease duration - 12k / 36 months
MSRP - 60k (including the destination fees of $995, initially they gave me a quote without it but then corrected it)
Discount - $8300 (~13%)
Selling Price - $51,700 (does not include any loyalties or OL Code)
Doc Fees - $395
Acq Fees - $925
Gross Cap Cost - $53,020
Cash Down - $3,000 (1st month + fees + deposit) , No MSDs yet
Amt Applied Upfront - $939
Total Cap reduction - $2060
Net Cap Cost - $50,960
Residual - .58
MF - .00228
Monthly payment – $642 + taxes

Here is the lease hacker calculator, I haven’t been able to achive the number that dealer quoted, but it’s close.

I know the MF is high, can I ask the dealer to lower it ?
I will also ask for MSDs and see if that lowers the MF.
Any other incentives that I should ask for ? I have an OL code, will ask them if they will accept it.

Also, is conquest still available for X3 M40i’s ? I looked at the post from Dave (BMW New Car Programs (and Retired Loaners with < 5k miles) - UPDATED 2/3/2019) and looks like it is there, just double checking.

Asking the expert hackrs here to comment on the numbers and the best way to optimize this deal.

Thanks in advance.

Work on the discount first…13% seems low for a demo with 4k. Search the forum for other x3 demos and see what discounts they have as a % of MSRP before incentives/OL codes.

I had referred this post Deal Feedback 2018 X3 M40i Loaner - 3K miles

The person there got 17% off, but that is with all the incentives included. You are right, I can push for a little more discount off MSRP.

Does loaner car qualify for conquests? Dealer says no…

Dealer got back to me with numbers after applying MSD and looks like the payments have increased ?
The dealer is very firm about the discount on Msrp. Says that one price fits all and won’t budge on that.

The dealer also said you give me $6500 and you will get $4900 at the end of lease. So it comes out to be $1600 down including the doc fees and other charges.

That sounds…off. $6500 in MSDs comes back as $6500 in MSDs…there should be 0 change in what you get back in the end.

The MSDs are $4900, the rest is additional DAS.

Yup, $1600 is DAS. Now, the dealer reduced the upfront down payment and hence the monthly went up. The dealer is not budging on discounting the Msrp further. He says its the same price for everyone. This is a demo car and I was expecting about 17 - 20% discount.

Start searching other dealers with similar demos in inventory

Ahh i read that wrong!