Lease Deal F-Type 2018

Hi guys, just came back from jag dealership in Ft Lauderdale with the following offer. I would like to know if there is any way it can be bettered. currently have a lease i’m over on miles over, 46.5k/45k, lease ends in september, looking to change it and considering all possibilities. worst case scenarios i’m just down like $1k when i turn in BMW lease (428i) which I think I got destroyed on when I made this deal. Now I’m smart and I come to you :slight_smile:

so here’s offer dealer made:

2018 F Type 340 Cpe

Include as much information as possible in your post, and even a celebratory picture. :wink:

Year, Make, Model, and Trim:

**MSRP: $76623
**Selling Price: $68421
**Monthly Payment: $769
**Down Payment: 3000
**MSD: no
**Incentives: “AutoNation Savings” 6,201.97 + $2,000 VIP (customer preferred savings) which takes car from 76k to 68k.

**Months: 36
**Annual Mileage: 15,000
**MF: NA
**Residual: NA

**Zip Code:33178
**Leasehackr Score: JNA
**Pre-filled Calculator link:

Please try to find the MF and other data, use the lease calculator with no money down and figure out your actual payment or what it should be. You are just about at “infamous 1 percent” right now, but with $3k down so you are not. I know it sucks paying for extra miles but it could be cheaper than rushing into another deal just because of miles. I am not sure if BMW still offering “mid-lease” miles upgrade at like 16c a mile, it could help you situation. Research and do some more legwork and you’d be fine.

Thank you for your response! I’m guessing standard MF and residual, but I’m asking anyway. I have a feeling they can discount the price more when the 19s start rolling out in a few months. I reckon I can have the patience to wait until then, and I won’t have the BMW payment to consider as well. I don’t mind paying for the extra miles when lease ends.

You can search Edmunds lease forums for your specific vehicle or any other reputable source to find out exactly the MF and residual.
Patience usually serves you better than any “great” deal popping out at the moment, yes it can backfire if the deals are not available any longer, but at least you are saving by “paying off” your lease and not having a negative equity.
If you search on “how to deal a lease” or just go here - https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/negotiating-really-frustrated/4414/7
it should help figuring out how to do it.

Thank you for that. According to that link, Trucar credit is $8,000 off msrp. Are the dealer incentives on top of this truecar discount? The car has 2k vip money, and 6.2k “autonation savings”. this is $8200 discounts. im wondering if that is post or pre $8,000, or if the “autonation savings” is $8k + VIP “customer preferred credit” of 2k.

If it is, would mean I can get this car priced $2k lower. that would be a price I am willing to pay.

This should have been posted in Ask The Hackers, not tips

@Jon

I apologize. Is there any way to change the thread to there?

what’s the $2,000 VIP (customer preferred savings)?

I thought you said you may have patience to wait, so what is it, patience or not, because you can’t have both :slight_smile:

Salesman at dealer told me that some F types have some sort of “vip money” that others do not. That is $2000.

Haha yes, i’ll pay this when the time comes :slight_smile:

1 Like

nothing says South FL like a car sales guy giving you “VIP money” :sunglasses::rofl:

1 Like

When the time comes everything, including incentives most likely will change. You may even have a little benefit of extending your lease a month or so, still overmiles, but it may give you an edge at the pricing at the end of the year.
and yes “Some sort of VIP” usually translates into “we are pretty much B$ing you” :smirk:

Haha thank you guys for your replies. yeah every dealer I went to tried to do horrible deals. Went to The Collection in Coral Gables, for a demo car with 800 miles, payment was higher than this one for the same MSRP… on a demo! Waste of time.

Anything else I can do to make this deal better? Anything I should look out for/ask for?

That’s why you don’t go to the collection.

“Collection” or any other dealer until you are ready.

Yes, that’s why you keep searching and learning instead of going to dealerships, the hacking requires more of the research and email work than actual legwork and visiting dealers.
I think I already supplied the link outlining how to do it.

Yes, thank you very much :slight_smile: I will be using that strategy to contact any further dealers. I am going to wait 2-3 months and start again. By the the new 19s will come out and they will be discounting more off these 2018.

The Collection is just an overpriced dealer lol.

Thank you for all you guys help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Collection is a dealer name, notoriously the worst in SFLO in terms of pricing

1 Like