Kia Niro Plug in LX, 3 year lease, $0 down, $330 monthly

Hi!
I am shopping for 2018 Kia Niro plug in LX.
The best offer I have now is:
$0 drive off
$330 per month including tax.
3 year lease.
12000 miles per year.
Waive the warranty
Location is California Bay Area

Is this a good deal? I still think $330 a month is a bit too much. Especially the insurance for a lease car will be high. There is one dealership that can beat the price. I am hoping to negotiate to $300 a month. Is it a reasonable bargain? Any suggestion is welcome. Thank you in advanced. Hope everyone find the good deal during the labor’s day shopping!

1 Like

Can’t comment on the deal itself, but the $1,500 CVRP and $500 PG&E rebate effectively lower the monthly cost by $60/month or so. Haven’t seen a lot of data points on Niro Plug-In.

1 Like

What and why is “waive the warranty” in there?

oopsy! I used the wrong term. It’s the lease protection that covers the cost of some exterior and interior wear, tear and damage during the lease period. The offer I received did not include this protection.

MSRP and sales price please?

MSRP is $29025. Sales price is around $27300. Not too sure about the sales price though, they might have it on the paper, but before I could remember it, they took the paper away…:frowning: However, I think the actual sales price might be a bit lower after I negotiated with them .

Cynthia–did you end up closing on a Niro plug-in LX? If so, how do you like the car? What was the final deal?

I just leased the 2019 Niro Plug in LX. 3yr, $0 down $326/month (w/tax @ 9.25%)

MSRP: 29,325 Sale Price: 26,400

I think it was a pretty good deal, I should still be getting $1500 rebate from CA. Did I do well?

2 Likes

Which dealer did you pick this car up at? Do you remember who you dealt with? I’m working with some dealers in the Bay Area but I’m having a hard time getting them to go that low on the sticker price.

Sorry for the dunb question, but I thought the CA rebates didn’t go to lessees only to the dealers. Am I mistaken? (it seems I am based on this thread)

You get the CA & PGE rebate if you lease but you do not get the federal rebate. That goes to the manufacturer and they usually bake that into the discount you get.

1 Like

Hey @arthurk192, what dealer did you get this deal at in Socal?

it was in NorCal but it sounds like they’re not going that low anymore. Might have been an end of year deal or something

1 Like

Last offer they sent me a few weeks ago out of the gate on an LX was $408.18 on 36/10k $0 down, so you definitely got the end of year bonus deal :wink: