Just put a deposit down. Signing today. 2019 SQ5, P+ 4900 DAS + 550/mo

@Mike_Yu BRZ is going up for sale shortly. LMK if you’re interested :smiley:

haha, thanks.sold mine last year, and probably not going back to the platform ever again. maybe picking up a s2000 later this year…

1 Like

The wife loves s2ks. I could see one in our future once we move to a house

Audi gang, maybe I’m next :imp:

2 Likes

Ok, so depending on how your tax situation goes, your effective monthly accounting for that cost puts you at the $600 mo point give or take with $2,450 in fees paid at signing plus MSDs. Is the acquisition fee in your calc rolling in other costs you are playing around with to get the tool to spit out the $550? For context, I am asking so that there is the right context around the deal as its being shared because you will inevitably get new members coming to you asking how they can replicate $550 and their tax/DAS situations will not be the same.

this is getting so confusing I’m not even gonna post my next deal :rofl:

The calc just doesn’t have a good spot to put the numbers breakdown. Here’s my lease spreadsheet with all the numbers. Calc’s exclude the dispo fee.

Hmm where have I seen this before?..

1 Like

@gc2a in your inbox? ha

1 Like

isn’t my spreadsheet just beautiful?

1 Like

I especially love the $2400 in taxes

You know how much that irked me, almost walked away from the deal because of that. I’ll be figuring that one out later.

1 Like

@PeterK absolutely

@gc2a Well he is in Illinot gonna live there, but NY isnt far behind

We had both SMs and the GSM on that for 3 days, man. Unbelievable haha

Personally I don’t think of the MSD as part of the traditional DAS… it’s just moving savings from one CD to another CD-type account

1 Like

Do ppl consider MSDs as part of DAS? Doesnt seem logical since it’s refunded (and saves $40ish/month)

1 Like

It’s all a matter of perspective really. @305Hackr’s comment about putting 10k out of pocket is valid, granted i’m just moving 5500 to a non interest-bearing account. I did the math on opportunity cost (vs index funds of some sort), and it made sense to me to do so. Real DAS without the MSD’s is 4,902.

It’s really not. The msd is refundable and lowers your interest rate. You’d also get it back if there’s a total loss.

Other drive offs aren’t.

It’s a solid deal and anyone that balks because they are figuring the msd into the total DAS is just wrong. Luxury SUVs don’t lease well, performance SUVs don’t lease well. This is a semi performance luxury suv that leases well.

3 Likes

Also, can we put this notion that Audi doesn’t lease well to bed?

The only difference between Audi and bmw/mb is Audi doesn’t dump a fleet of base trim retired loaners at .75 of msrp.

Aside from that, Audis have been leasing comparable to their German rivals for a while. Sq5 and s4 in particular are in segments that usually don’t lease well and both are very competitive.

I think S4 leases pretty damn well with the MF they got. I’ve seen some 1% and slightly lower deals on those lately. SQ5 doesn’t lease as well as BMW, but it’s not behind by much. Doesn’t help that the X3M is like $20k more expensive (and for some reason i dont like the X3 M40i - not enough ricey parts on it)