Inside Miami's Luxury Car Hustle

Yeah, the base salary for staff eng is about 150k-170k, then another 20 to 30% MIP based on performance, and then another 40% in RSUs which vest over 4 years. For senior staff, the base isn’t that much higher, but they get higher MIPs and more RSUs based on company performance. We have a couple of guys from Amazon, and I heard that it’s all base + RSUs, no cash bonuses.

Perspective - a 2 br condo is 650k, and a SFH starts at 900k.

1 Like

Why would you want to be paid in cash? And pay taxes like the rest of us plebes? Haha

Getting paid in stock and paying long term cap gains is the name of the game…

1 Like

Or worst, end up in a shallow grave.

It’s also a culture thing. My theory is that in places where pickup trucks are dominant people accept higher car prices since the baseline is skewed. The price of a F-150/Silverado is a lot more than any of the other national best sellers (i.e. rogue, CRV, RAV-4). As you noted in a different post, the average F150 sale price is 47k, while you can’t buy a mainstream CUV for over 35K even if you pay MSRP.

So in places where buying a 40k+ truck is the expected behavior among a large segment of the population, it changes the baseline compared to a place where the best seller is a 25k CUV.

Hey man you

People on here get a little wild with their stories. Hey man, most of the posts are filled with lies and envy. Do not pay those types of posts any mind. Dig through and pay attention only to the good ones.

1 Like

Yeah, @vhooloo, you do that :grin:

1 Like

good advice after an hour of joining lol.

3 Likes

It doesn’t take long to figure out @vhooloo :smirk:

2 Likes

If your lowest-level engineers are making 150k minimum, then wherever you work for is wayyy above national average.

Even as a principal engineer, the national average for that title is quite a bit lower.

1 Like