Hurry and lease your favorite German sedan

Seems this has been on his mind for a while: https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/german-automakers-fire-back-at-trump

None of his decisions are based on fact. BMW has the worlds largest factory in South Carolina and exports 70% of it’s vehicles. How do you calmly debate this?

Maybe this will increase the RV% for better lease on inventory that’s already here :slight_smile:

I’m sure there will be an exception for cars over ~$120k, can’t piss off his doners too much.

That’s some top class whataboutery. If you have dozens of companies all paying $250k per month that’s not pocket change :wink:

Hey we can go back and forth all we want. I blame Mac Miller for doing a song titled Donald Trump in 2011 that set this all in motion, and DNC rigging the election against Bernie. Got to say the man had a lucky life and in the end will be in all history books.

People just need to calm the F down…

EU taxes our car imports at 10%.

US taxes EU car imports at 2.5%

American car companies are taxed 400% more in the EU than EU carmakers are taxed in the US.

That’s not fair. If they both get to zero, that would be best. And if that happens, will actually lower german car costs.

Europeans have been getting 1 over on us for decades. The negotiations that are going on now are lots of posturing. It will work out and in the end be better for the US.

4 Likes

Or German cars will simply have bigger profits here.

More likely scenario is that cars will get more expensive. Doesn’t really matter to voter base, until Germans start laying off US employees, and even that is questionable. Fired Carrier and Harley Davidson employees are still pretty loyal.

2 Likes

We tax trucks at 25% to make up for the difference though, you’re not presenting the whole picture.

EU vehicle import tax: 10%
US car import tax: 2.5%
US truck import tax: 25%

2 Likes

Trump is doing pretty well with the economy I’d just wait to see how it plays out. I’m going down and get an X5 on Monday but I’m buying it. I doubt prices are going up

if tariffs do get put in place, wouldn’t this not affect prices for 2018 models since they should already be on the lot by now?

What’s to stop dealers from raising transaction prices on 2018s?

Well i mean from the manufacturer

The ink is dry on 2018 stickers but why would it matter? If people are willing to pay, say, 15-20% more today because prices will rise 25% next year, dealers will be more than happy to take advantage of that. (That is, until their business takes a hit next year.)

College is all about brainwashing so this correlates.

giphy

1 Like