Good deal for new 2018 BMW M240/340i?

Hi!

Long time lurker, but just created an account since I’m leasing for the first time. Trying to swing a good deal on either a 2018 M240i Convertible or 340i sedan with 2018 lease support ending. I’ve received a couple dealer quotes, and was wondering if ~1% or better was a reasonable ask for these cars. Also was wondering what % discount from MSRP would be reasonable? 15-20%? Thought I’d ask here before further negotiations. Looking for 24 months, 10k miles. Zip code 94607. Do not qualify for any incentives (loyalty, college grad, etc.) aside from conquest (but don’t believe that applies for these models).

2018 M240i Convertible:
Color: Mineral White Metallic
Packages: H/K sound system, Park Distance Control, Premium Package
MSRP: $57,580
Selling price: $51,080
Money factor: 0.00182
Monthly w/ Tax: $745.96
DAS: $8,146.47 with max MSD, no extra money down.

Here is a link to the calculator that matches up w/ the quote: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=BMW&msrp=57580&sales_price=51080&months=24&mf=.00182&dp=0&doc_fee=599&acq_fee=925&taxed_inc=4500&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=59&reg_fee=350&sales_tax=9.25&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true&miles=10000&msd=7

2018 340i Sedan #1:
Color: Alpine White
Packages: Premium Package, Wireless Charging, 19in Wheels, Park Distance Control, Active Blind Spot Detection, Apple Carplay
MSRP: $59,655
Selling price: $54,750
Money factor: 0.00177, 0.00142 after MSDs.
Monthly: $556 plus tax
DAS: $2,775 + $4,550 MSD, no extra money down.

Link to calculator (couldn’t get the exact quoted number): leasehackr.com/calculator?make=BMW&msrp=59655&sales_price=54750&months=24&mf=.00177&dp=0&doc_fee=599&acq_fee=925&taxed_inc=4500&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=67&reg_fee=350&sales_tax=9&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true&miles=10000&msd=7

2018 340i Sedan #2:
Color: Mediterranean Blue Metallic
Packages: Premium Package, Shadow Sport Edition, Park Distance Control, Active Blind Spot Detection, Wireless Charging
MSRP: $56,645
Selling price: $49,988
Money factor: 0.00177, no MSDs.
Monthly: $499.68 including tax
DAS: $1,679.63 (no MSDs)

Link to calculator:

I would prefer the convertible (don’t judge) if the numbers work out. Trying to keep it low $600s for the convertible, and $4-500 for the 340i. Let me know if I should include any additional info.

Thanks!

Are these all brand new or are any of them demo/loaner cars?

What about attending a UDE event to get an OL code?

If you’re in Cali check out Instructions on how to get a BMW OL incentive - March 2019 and see if you can get an OL Code, not much time left for this month though.

Convertibles almost never lease well, they’re too rare and for that amount of money this month you would be crazy not to just go for an M3 for around the same cost.

For the 340i if you can find ex-loaners or demos (with less than 5000 miles) will be the best deal probably but I’d imagine most are gone at this point. If you go new at least you can get a little extra back via BMWCCA https://www.bmwcca.org/vehicle_rebate

Are you looking for the best possible deal on the 340i or the most bang for your buck?

Someone without loyalty could actually look for loaners above 5,000 miles and try to negotiate a larger discount

Thats a big ask when the lease cash alone is $4500 right now. I also tend to find dealers with higher mileage loaners don’t know what they’re doing and are less flexible. There’s always exceptions though and this late in the cycle it’s worth a shot.

These are brand new.

I was planning on attending the Monterey event, but wasn’t 100% sure if the code will transfer.

Yep, planning on attending the Monterey event.

Haha, yeah, that’s what I figured. The heart wants what it wants, though. If I could swing the convertible for $650/month all-in, I probably would go with it. Wasn’t sure if it was realistic though (which is why I asked here). My original budget was in the $400s/month, but I always wanted a convertible so I have an increased convertible budget. :man_facepalming:

I want to go new with the 340i if the convertible falls through, so looking for the best possible deal.

Take a look at demo vehicles. Crevier is advertising this one

See what the numbers are, add some msds and see what it comes out to.

1 Like

Dealer came back with numbers on the 2nd 340i. Those are without MSDs. According to the calculator, max MSDs will drop it to $468/month including tax, which seems good to me. I might pull the trigger on that, but do y’all think asking for 15% off MSRP is too unreasonable?

Thanks!

Definitely check out demo vehicles. Crevier is hit-or-miss, I had a pretty awful experience with them but I think it really depends on who you deal with there.

Bob Smith in Calabasas usually has a lot of demos and loaners to browse. This M240i convertible has a massive discount. 8k miles, but might be in your budget:

1 Like

Randomly browsing inventory at a local dealer, found a 18 m240

Not sure if lease support ended for them. Worth checking out if it hasn’t.

1 Like

Figure I’d update here with what I ended up going with.

Decided to go w/ the 340i sedan vs the M240i convertible (practicality won out). :frowning:
New 2018 340i Sedan:
Glacier Silver Metallic with Black Dakota leather and Oyster highlights
M Sport Package, Premium Package, Active Blind Spot Detection
MSRP: $56,730
Selling Price: $49,230
Incentives: $4,500 lease credits + $1,000 OL code
Lease terms: 24 months / 10k miles
DAS: $5,957.97 ($2,800 MSDs) including 1st month’s payment, gov’t & dealer fees, acq fee, etc and excess wear and tear up to $7,500 ($711)
Monthly: $366 ($399 w/ tax)

I was told the money factor was .00177, but I couldn’t get the lease calculator to match up. Figure I didn’t do too badly for my first time and not really any incentives. :man_shrugging:
Time to get that CCA rebate! Thanks to everyone on the site, wouldn’t have been so knowledgable without lurking here.

1 Like

Not bad! Just quickly doing the math it seems there’s a stray $1k in there that might have gone to the dealer or a down payment of some sort. Either way though that’s a hell of a car for $399/month. Enjoy!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m assuming it went to the dealer. Was tired of all the back and forth between all the different dealers at that point. Maybe next time I’ll go with a broker. :joy: It’s been great so far, gonna baptize it on a nice long drive down to SoCal this weekend before it goes back to sitting in the garage while I take public transit to work.