Genesis G70 reportedly going on sale this week

20 percent off?! I’m in the market for one and if it’s that much I’ll buy it right now!

Sedans going for cheap boys ——Jaguar is offering $10k+ in incentives on the XJ

Only sedan brand not going for cheap is the Genesis thanks to the horrible rv

Look up Alfa Romeo lol

I still think Hyundai have really missed an opportunity with Genesis. They should have given the market what it wants (or at least thinks it wants) ‘sporty’ semi-premium SUV’s.

A flashier version of the Tucson called GX70 with a fancy-pants interior and an upgraded engine would’ve sold well and a luxe version of the Santa Fe 7 seater (maybe GX80) with some decent tech would’ve helped give them a decent following straight away.

The Lexus LS was a great start for the brand, but I’d argue that the RX really made it a success. It feels like the momentum behind Genesis has stalled a bit. The G70 looks like it’s going to be a good car but I think it’s all gone a bit too niche now.

I like this car, but would consider buying a CPO after my lease is up. Looks better and better interior than the Stinger

Those are in the pipeline. They take 4-5 years and mucho $ to develop

Just for anyone that is interested…I went to my dealership today to test drive a Genesis G70 Sport AWD and get some numbers hoping it would be more reasonable than what the other Genesis models are going for. (I didn’t do any negotiating)

Vehicle Price: 51,170.00
36 months, 10k per year.
0 down: $796 a month.
5k down: $654 a month.

Simply put it makes zero sense to even consider leasing these anymore, which is a shame because when I leased my current 2015 Genesis 3 years ago it was a great value.

Super Ouch. There are so many better options out there for those prices. What are they thinking?? Especially is such a competitive segment that they’re completely new to.

I mean that’s awful BUT considering that’s with no negotiating and just sitting with the dealer after testing (which always seems to be worse case scenario) I’ve seen much worse.

I wonder if $450 will be ever be do-able? hell even $550 would be more slightly more palatable. Unless Hyundai actually provide some decent lease support for this brand, I can see them going away. They only sold 117 G90’s in July and 136 in August. They must be losing a bunch of money on them.

I’m sure those numbers can be beaten…that’s just what typically happens when you walk into a dealership

It is a brand new car, only handful of dealerships in the country have them yet. Of course they will price it super high, trying to capitalize on the early hype. Someone on Genesis forum posted that the 36/10 RV was around 55% and MF was reasonable (1.5% range I think). If that is the case and they end up bringing a large volume of cars like they did with the Hyundai Genesis back in 2015, there will be below 1% deals in less than a year from now.

Question is, how did you like the car? G70 is also on my shortlist for next year…

Wait a few months and those numbers will drop significantly. I doubt any dealer is going to deal on the G70 until they have a steady inventory.

I’m sure that there is a better deal to be had obviously but its got a long ways to go before it makes sense to go with a Genesis over virtually any other competitor. There are no lease incentives right now so unless the dealer is going to drop 5-10k off the MSRP we’re not gonna see this anywhere near the 400-500s.

Prior to the G70, I had been looking to get into a G80 Sport and that car has been experiencing similarly high lease rates as well. It has been $750 plus per month for at least 9 months now and that’s with a $7000 rebate. If this is the new norm with the Genesis brand, I’m afraid I’m gonna have to start looking at alternatives.

The car itself was great, tons of power, handling/suspension was tight and refined. The interior I think is a notch above my 2015 Genesis as far as material quality though I do miss the controller on the console. It felt large enough inside for a small car also, which was something I was concerned about.

Are you located in Canada? I can’t find the g70 anywhere yet

I’m in New Jersey. Burns Genesis in Cherry Hill has a few in stock.

A dealer in Atlanta has a bunch. Maybe they’re counting cars still en route. Nothing here in Chicago though.

Give it some time. They’re just hitting lots. Numbers will look way better next year (hopefully hackable but who knows). Still wouldn’t pay over $300 for it, though, unless it’s one of the higher trims.