Did I get scammed? Spoiler Alert: NO

What is the MSRP of your car? I have no idea how well Hyundais lease, but honestly you may not be able to get too much better of a deal anyway, so why waste your time if you like the car?

I agree. It may not be competitive, but it’s not exactly terrible for what I’m guessing is a 19k MSRP vehicle. There are worse deals out there, comparatively.

I just googled and the Hyundai Assurance Program is only at participating dealers. Also, the program isn’t a simple return.

With our 3 Day Worry-Free Exchange, you can return it within 3 days and exchange it for another new Hyundai.*

1 Like

OOohhhh, I did not read the fine print.

OP, enjoy the car. See you in 3 years!

it’s not exactly terrible for what I’m guessing is a 19k MSRP vehicle

Right, but the advertised $19k MSRP vehicle online is the nice one with the fancy features. The one I got is advertised online as $14k… That’s why I’m wondering if I could have a lower monthly payment.

There is no $14k MSRP Elantra.

See you in 3 years!

LMAO thanks for all of the responses, everyone.
I’ll definitely do serious research and negotiating in 36 months.

It says $14k is “Net estimated price” after some random savings… Which I now understand are not for leasing a car :frowning:
Sorry, I just felt like I was literally being taken for a ride at the dealer and everything happened so fast.

Well, what done is done. Stay on this forum and see how deals are structured and discounted that way you know what to do on your next lease.

1 Like

Seems like you went in to test drive and ended up signing a deal to save maybe tens of dollars on Uber for even a couple days. Impulsive decision, don’t beat yourself up now. As others said, it’s not like you got taken to the bank so don’t keep researching and feeling like crap even more!!

3 Likes

The MSRP is separate from the net selling price. The contract you signed should have the final numbers if you’d like us to review it and tell you where you can make improvements for next time.

$255 for a base elantra sounds right??

Eeeek no way does that sound right at all!!

1 Like

it is if the individual wasn’t well researched and simply
Took the first deal which is what happened here and happens 90 percent of the time.

I’d say 255 makes sense. Remember, not everyone can get that unicorn deal.

1 Like

So you expect everyone just walk in a dealership and get a LH level good deal within an hour?

Dealership is a business…not charity…they do have to make money somewhere…

2 Likes

I really appreciate the offer to review. as soon as I get home I’ll look at the contract… it’s like 3 legal size pages long so it’ll be hard to post here…
Another thing- I’m supposed to go back to the dealer tonight to get the car cleaned and detailed because the detailing people were already gone by the time I signed everything last night at like 9pm. Not sure if there’s an opportunity now to discuss monthly payments, or if my only option is to wait 36 months.

I’ve heard many “got screwed without lube” by Hyundai stories. You have time to learn and a car to get around in. Don’t dwell over it.

Under the 3 Day Worry-Free Exchange , a customer who purchases or leases a new Hyundai vehicle from a participating dealer may return the Hyundai vehicle for any reason to exchange it for another new Hyundai vehicle, provided that: 1) the Hyundai vehicle is returned to the dealership where the vehicle was purchased or leased within three (3) days from the date of purchase/lease (with the three-day period being extended by one day if the final day of the three-day period falls when the dealership is closed); 2) the returned vehicle is in “like new” condition (e.g., the automobile has not been in an accident and is free from modifications, dents, scratches, tears, breaks, cracks, stains, etc.) as determined by the dealer; 3) the customer has driven the returned vehicle less than 300 miles from the date of purchase/lease; and 4) the returned vehicle is free from any outside lien. If the returned vehicle meets all of these requirements, the customer may exchange it for another new Hyundai vehicle, subject to the mutual agreement of the customer and dealer on the terms of the new vehicle purchase or lease. Additional costs may apply to exchanges for a vehicle of greater value. See participating Hyundai dealers or Hyundaiusa.com/ShopperAssurance for details.

1 Like

Thank you for your service! Deals like these allow us to achieve our unicorn deals! :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Don’t troll the girl/guy he’s new and learning. Probably came here through a google search.

4 Likes

I find it interesting how people always ask if they were scammed when in fact they just can’t negotiate at all and fall for conventional negotiation tactics

4 Likes