Current 2018 Volvo XC60 deals?

@Sabut - I’m getting $595 + tax based on your $60K MSRP with a 10% discount. How is your calculation different?

You have slightly different dealer/reg fees, zero MSD and 10k miles vs my 12k and your RV is different. I saw on Edmunds someone specifically say today that it is 56% for 36m/12k. If you know for sure it is 57% for 10k/36m I substract 2% and get 55% RV for my 12k/36m version. Basically using your calculator and changing 10k to 12k, substracting 2% RV and adding 10 MSD, I get this:

MSRP 60k
Sale price 54k (10% off)
Incentives: 1250
10 MSD
RV 55%
Monthly without tax: 584
Monthly with tax: 602

If I use 56% RV as I was using before, I get monthly 568 without taxes and 585 with taxes, exactly the numer I calculated previously. Not sure if that is achievable though :slight_smile:

I get the same with 12,000 miles and 10 MSDs. The residual drops 1% from 10,000 to 12,000 miles. I thought you said 10,000 miles and you couldn’t put in MSDs before.

1 Like

Great. So Volvo website only gives me that crappy 1250 cash. Anything else I can potentially squeeze out of it? I am a member of Costco, have Amex and AAA, not driving Volvo currently, and my employer is a crappy IT staffing agency but I have a big company email, not sure if that makes any difference and if it even qualifies as any member of any VIP list.

On the phone they were asking a weird question if I have other “luxury” brand that may apparently affect my incentives. I have a Honda and a Lexus and had a Nissan in the last 6 months. They did not care much about the Honda and Nissan and bullied Lexus by saying it was an upscale version of a crappy Toyota :slight_smile: Just wondering what they consider as a luxury brand and how it may affect my incentives.

I don’t see how it’s going to get better right now. You’ve got a very optimistic 10% off estimate plus the incentive and buy rate on the MF. The price won’t get lower unless there’s an incentive for something, and belonging to multiple organizations isn’t going to stack on top of a rock bottom deal. Sept 1st is right around the corner, and all the incentives and the lease program will update.

I’m not aware of any conquest type incentive which is what the dealer is inferring. If you have had a Volvo or SAAB in your name or registered to your home address within the last 6 months, that would qualify you for a $500 loyalty rebate. That’s probably what they were fishing for. Saying the Lexus is a crappy Toyota translates to find another dealer in my book.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Please post “wanted” ads here

Sorry I’m new to the forum and don’t have permission to create a new thread yet but hoping to get feedback here on this lease deal on an XC60 T8:

Awful, but it is what it is. I get the same $821/mo based on your numbers. You can try for the bigger than current 7.6% off discount, but it won’t make it a good deal, anyway - $771/mo with 10% off.

Thanks! What do you mean you get the same $821/mo based on my numbers?

And it sounds like you’ve heard of others getting 10% off before on a T8? I was looking on TrueCar, and it seems to indicate the average is $5k off MSRP, so I was thinking it was at least an ok deal :slight_smile:!

Please do not waste your time and money on a 65k XC60. This is an awful price and an awful deal. Check out the Lexus RX350 which can be had for half the payment …

Oh, this is a plug-in hybrid (and qualifies for an HOV sticker here in CA, which is a requirement for me), so if there was a comparable one that Lexus offered, I’d definitely consider it!

When you consider the math doesn’t work out ($800 lease on the XC60 hybrid vs. $400 lease on a XC60 gas), I’d be crazy to get this one, whether you compare it to the Lexus or the identical gas version of the XC60. There is no way anyone would save enough money on gas to offset the payment, but it’s the sticker I’m looking for…

unless you need the xc60 look at the s90 t8s, you’ll get the hov sticker and most likely a much better deal

Yes, need an SUV that can get me the sticker so it’s this, the Model X, and that new Jaguar I-pace right now. I test drove and looked at pricing on those and they appear to be closer to $1200/mo, so this one is perhaps the lesser of all evils.

You are letting the sticker tail wag the payment/vehicle dog. For the difference in payment between the XC60 gas and XC60 Hybrid, you could get both a decent SUV and an EV/PHEV and still have enough money to eat out a few times.

I don’t live in CA, so I don’t know how desperate people are for stickers but if you are willing to pay 400 a month just for a sticker, it is telling me I probably don’t want to move to CA soon. If you value the sticker for 400 or 500 a month, then it is a good deal …

1 Like

Also considered this scenario but I would be spending my days shifting around two cars between my driveway and garage (we don’t have street parking). But you are correct that it would be cheaper to buy one smaller EV (e.g., a Fiat) for my commute and another SUV for my family needs. Just wouldn’t work out practically for me. My question was just whether it was a good deal or not, but I appreciate all the creative alternatives.

I said “you can try” for the bigger discount, doesn’t mean you will get 10% off. Or you may as well get 12% off, for all I know.

What about the Countryman plugin?

Good thinking but it doesn’t qualify for the sticker (not all EV’s qualify). I think it has to meet certain emissions standards.

Odd. What about the Niro? Is there a published list somewhere?

I’m kind of in the same boat as you wanting a sticker. At that price difference though, I’d rather get the gas car and pay the monthly ticket for driving alone in the HOV lane lol. Might even come out ahead.

1 Like