Cant get a deal in Charlotte area

Im not looking for “help” to have someone complain thats not what this forum is for, I’m just having issues getting a “deal” in Charlotte NC area. I’ll drive 3 or so hours as well. If anyone wants to comment or message me with their deals or suggestion of a dealership, I’m very appreciative of the info! These are all the cars I’ve got numbers on and all scored 6.5 or less on the calculator and didnt seem decent at all. I’ve emailed 2 brokers but have not gotten responses? Thanks
-2018 Challenger scat and Hellcat
-2018 Charger scat, Daytona and Hellcat
-2018 AR Guilia sport 2wd
-2018 BMW 430i sedan loaner

Have you considered widening your search area? If you can find a deal on one from a far away dealer, you can always ship the car or fly out and drive it back. I did the former on my current vehicle with just a small scheduling problem.

Ive reached out to places as far as Atlanta. Other issue is I have a trade, a highly modified Wrangler so I’d have to drive instead of shipping. I must have emailed or talked to 20 different ones so far, Dodge mostly. I really want a scat Challenger in the $45k msrp range but have gotten $600 or so a mo on 36/10, bahaha!!
PS, Im not upside down, maybe $1k positive if anything
Thanks!

You probably can’t get a deal because they don’t want your Wrangler. Sell it yourself or just leave it completely out of the deal and things might improve. Wrangler should not be a tough sell on your own, but new car dealers are generally not interested in modified vehicles and don;t place much value on them.

3 Likes

My Jeep was only involved once with pricing so far, so Ive actually not even mentioned it! I’ll stay patient, just confused when I read the deals on here compared to what I’m offered. Not even similar actually. I offered a dealer an hour away what I thought was a decent offer, he comes back with, “your numbers are absurd and dealers dont lose thousands of dollars and stay in business”. I forwarded him a copy of a lease from here on a similar msrp challenger and he said, we dont want your business. They were $170 higher a mo on a $1800 less car, ha.

I sent you the dealer that I got my Charger Hellcat from already. I will send you another dealer that was pretty decent when I was looking. Other than that, I will second going out of state. I got my Wrangler in VA and my M3 from a dealer in TX. It is tough sometimes dealing locally.

I appreciate it, a lot. I did talk to Will at Keffer, they just dont have any Challengers there but T/A and those lease shitty. I wish I could afford the Hellcat and we’d hang out, ha!!

This is exactly the trap that most people on here (who are really just looking to help you) would advise you against when they chastise you for not using this site properly. Now, I am not sure what deals from this site you are comparing to but you have to make sure that they deals you are taking to these dealers are RECENT deals IN THE SAME REGION as programs change often and incentives vary from region to region.

How did you know it was a decent offer? Was the selling price you offered above, at, or below invoice? Did you calculate a payment based on money factors, residual, and prices that are accurate? Or did you just say “Based on the deal I saw in this third party website, I would be happy to lease your car for X payment” ??

This site is set up to guide you on how to set up your dealer properly and reason with him (based on logic and available information on the web) to get a great deal. This would entail you KNOWING what the residuals for your car are, knowing what the buy rate for your car is, and presenting them a deal showing exactly how you would buy the car - Not just saying I saw this deal online, I will offer you the same/less/more. That means nothing to them. And sometimes, most knuckleheads at dealers are not even aware that certain deals are even possible.

It sounds like you are definitely putting in the leg work, which is commendable, but it sounds like your approach may not be the best. First, make sure you are NOT dealing with a sales floor salesman. Speak and work only with the internet or sales managers (maybe a fleet manager too). Second, do your research. Do you know what the current residuals and money factors are? That is, do you know if what you offered these dealers is actually a deal that is possible for a dealer?? If you don’t, that is a problem. Use Edmunds or other sites to find this info and see of the deal you are looking for is still actually possible. You can’t just go in and say “I saw this on the internet, give me one.” They are going to give you the boot every time if the programs have changed or the deal was never available in your region…

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thanks, yes I’m on Edmunds as well. I know all the correct RV, MF and manufacturer incentives but I just cant get anyone to come off a msrp on cars that have been there for months! I’ll post the Challenger scat I offered
$45,830 MSRP
$40,990 Sell
$3750 lease cash from CCap
.0017 MF and 59 RV on 36/10
1st mo DAS and monthly pmt with tax(3%) $415
These numbers show 9.7 Hackr score and actually $396 is payment, but I know there is registration and whatnot. Oh and this dealer doesnt have dealer add ons OR a fee!! And still quoted over $500 a mo.
And by the way, I have worked for 5 different dealers and bought 7 new cars in last 15 years. I’m just new to NC and they dont play nice like Tampa dealers and actually make a deal

1 Like

Misunderstood post.

My bad.

But you can’t be shocked when a dealer doesn’t fall all over themselves to take a <1% deal right off the bat.

Yea I get it but Ive just been given the absolute worst offers. Im talking $550 or more on a $44k msrp car! That has lease incentives and all! Im patiently waiting on 19s to hit the floor

With the floods, you can kiss goodbye to any lease deals in that Area. FOr the next few months, dealers will be selling at MSRP or higher, like what happened in Houston.

1 Like

Is that because of the influx of business due to everyone talking total losses?

I did get a lease offer through Koons in DC area, bout 6.5 hr drive for me, $45k car, kid you not, they quoted $800 plus a month for 36/12

Dodge is confusing because it seems every model has a different MF, RV, and incentives times 2 because of the non CCap deals. My suggestion would be to use the locate tool on the Dodge website to find the cars you want (only the top results are good matches), go to the dealer’s website and see what kind of deal they’re offering. You can get an idea of how much some dealers are discounting from MSRP on their website, then use that as a benchmark to see if any dealer with the car you want will discount the car heavily and give you the buy rate on the MF. You can get MF and RVs on the Dodge Challenger forum on Edmunds (sometimes their information is erroneous) for at least CCap. You’ve got 7 cars listed in your original post, so you may want to whittle that down to maybe a couple. In July it seemed the best combination of deals on a Challenger with a 392 was the SRT392. I paid extra to get the Scat Shaker, but I’m certain the SRT had the better program. The Guilia and BMW you should be able to get a good idea here. I don’t know for sure, though. I’m not pursuing one.

Don’t go to the Amphicar dealer. Everything there is full pop now…

Amphicar

Haha, the water car should work! Thank you all for the info btw. I also work for Subaru and they have surprisingly good deals for employees. However I’m in mid 30s and not sure I could do an sti. Plus I don’t want to shift gears all day in horrendous Charlotte traffic. I’m gonna stick to my og plan of getting a challenger or charger near end of year.

Seems like it’s tougher to get as good a deal on a Charger, for whatever reason. I’m okay with two doors and think the Challenger looks better, so I got that. I honestly wish the 392 had more power. I wouldn’t get anything smaller.

I always had a soft spot for Challengers. I still remember a high school classmate who bought a yellow 340 brand new. He worked for his dad doing roofing, so he made good money compared to the rest of us.

I rented a 16 scat pack 2 weeks ago off turo. It was purple, not my 1st choice but I really enjoyed it. 2 and 4 year old kids fit great in the back too! I had a 13 5.0 Mustang with 550 hp so it wasn’t as fast as that but still fun, I def wouldn’t go 5.7 personally. Like I’ve said, I’m gonna wait it out on the 19s and see if anyone wants to deal on the 18s. Gonna try hard for a HC but if it’s over 530 I’ve got to stay 6.4