Can you lease a "used" (9 mi) vehicle?

I just saw a “used” Audi A7 with only 9 miles, and I am wondering if used cars can be leased? Not sure how this can be “used”. What should I ask in terms of incentives on such a vehicle? Thanks for any advice.

It’s probably just an error on their website

I just heard back from them. It is, in fact, used. Miles are closer to 550. And Audi doesn’t lease CPO vehicles according to the sales person.

So, my follow up is whether anyone has experience leasing through a source other than the dealer, and what kind of offer I should make on what is, essentially, a demo. 25% off sticker?

Lol what? Someone bought it and returned it after 500 miles??

Never seen any third party leasing be reasonable because you have no factory incentives and the bank needs to make money. They can make up a residual value etc.

I thought it’s a “used car” if it’s been titled; what does the CarFax show?

Although rare, I’ve seen a bunch of cars under 1,000 miles that have been titled. Maybe some rich person didn’t like it and just returned it to get something else, while taking a massive hit.

It’s not going to be a good lease. You’re wasting your time

1 Like

It was probably an unwind due to Audi not buying the contract.

In that scenario, does that count as a used car? I assume if the contract wasn’t accepted, it’s unlikely the car was titled.

May vary by brand and even state law, but could they put a returned car back on the lot and sell it as new?

If they sent the info to the DMV to title it, I would think so.

Are there new and actual demo A7’s at the dealership you can lease? is it a 2019 or a 2018?

The 2018 you should be able to get a decent discount on. The 2019 you probably won’t see anywhere near 25%.

It is an Audi dealership (Keyes). It is CPO and I will ask what the issue is. But it was clear that it is used and on their used lot. Since the residuals for a new A7 lease are so bad, I started looking at used. And I stumbled across this last night. I wasn’t sure what to make of it, and whether I could make something good out of this.

No way to lease it. Third party leasers aren’t worth it. You’ll be stuck financing it and because its CPO with so little mileage, the price is probably close to what you can get new. May as well get new at that point.

Got it. Thanks for helping me avoid a huge waste of time.

That makes sense but I would think the dealership would wait until the contract is approved before submitting the DMV paperwork since it’s only takes a few days but you never know.

Does anyone know if they can resell a returned lease car (assume under 500 miles) as new? Certainly would have some farts in it.

It happens more often than you think. Since they can file DMV electronically, it’s possible that gets submitted quicker than the funding aspect. Granted, I don’t know the specifics behind it. Would need a dealer to chime in.

Once titled though, and this may vary based on state law, I don’t think you can legally sell it as new anymore, even with 10 miles. I know I got turned down by a BMW GSM on a car with a few miles that was unwound, and it wasn’t able to be leased.

1 Like