CA Bay Area: best deals on a CAV (HOV eligible) in the past year?

Hi, I’m just starting my car hunt, and have never done a lease before. I don’t care about color or looks, but I need the car’s range to be at least 100 miles and it has to be HOV eligibile. I don’t really have a deadline either.

In the past year or so, what were the best deals for a 3 year lease at 12k miles/year? This info will help me figure out when I should jump on a deal that pops up (as opposed to me just settling for the best existing offer out there).

Thanks.

Volt and Kia Soul are your best bet. 500e and smart car don’t meet your 100 miles requirement. Maybe the bolt will come down

Dark horse is Ford Focus Electric. Range 115 miles, only one trim that’s pretty well equipped and comparable to the Focus Titanium trim. Looks like Ford still has lease support for 2017 FFEs. Ford’s website offer is $900 due at signing, $251/mo. I’m sure you can beat this, I still see some 2017’s on dealer inventory and I am certain they can’t wait to get rid of them.

Ford offers $13,500 lease credit to make up for the atrocious residuals (27%?), so there’s actually a unique opportunity to get a pretty low payment AND have a residual of $8500 or so, giving a chance of actually making a bit of money at the end of the lease.

I was in the exact same situation as you and got a FFE but before I discovered this site! I got a pretty good deal, but I bet if you contacted one of those dealers with 2017 models left on the lot, you can get a pretty awesome deal

Tried to recreate my lease here: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Ford&msrp=31750&sales_price=23065&months=36&mf=.001&dp=1850&doc_fee=80&acq_fee=29&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=7500&rebate=0&resP=27&reg_fee=302&sales_tax=9.75&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true&miles=10000&msd=0

1 Like

You just missed out on two good ones

Bolt (~$121) and Volt (~$135)

But that should be your starting point.

Bolt and Volt both are now crazy high. I am getting $15K total 36/10 best I got was $10K all cash onetime 36/10 for volt.

Currently GM is either low on inventory for Bolt and volt or low rebates or both. None of the prices make sense. This is in Bay area. Hunting for a deals since April 1.

Do you know which dealer was offering this?

I agree with you. I inquired from many bay area dealers and none of them have cars in stocks. Looks like it is in high demand so its impossible to get a good lease price.

I took the last 2017 they had on the lot. Not sure if others will offer similar

Thanks very much for the replies! Now I can begin my research by having these numbers as a reference point.

I just got an email from a local dealer that contains the following info:

2018 CHEVROLET VOLT 2LT
LEASE FOR 36 @ $99 per month

LEASE SPECIAL
$34,160 MSRP

Disclosure:
$99 PER MONTH, 36 MONTH CLOSED END LEASE. $4,995 DUE FROM CUSTOMER AND $5,750 REBATE, $500,(MUST BE IN A CURRENT LEASE OF ANY MAKE) $500 DEALER FLEX CASH. FOR A TOTAL DRIVE OFF $11,745 PLUS TAX, TITLE AND LICENSE FEES. ZERO SECURITY DEPOSIT. 10,000 MILES PER YEAR. 25 CENTS PER MILE EXTRA. MSRP AMOUNT OF $34,160. 

I’m trying to compare the above offer to vinboy’s ~$135/mo offer, but am getting a little confused by all the information in the disclosure. Not sure if I’m oversimplifying the numbers, but here’s my best guess: (99x36) + 4995 = $8559
$8559 over 36 months is $237.75.

This “deal” is ~$238/mo for a 3 year lease at 10k mi per year, whereas vinboy’s deal is ~$135/mo for a 3 year lease at 12k mi per year.

Am I doing the math correctly, or am I missing some discounts in my local dealer’s offer?

Your calculations don’t include taxes. Most of the time on this forum we include taxes. You’re going to be paying taxes on any dealer cash incentives too. Also, I would be willing to bet the dealer ad doesn’t include license/registration/doc fee.

Edit: BTW vinhboy’s deal isn’t possible any more, so I wouldnt use it as a benchmark.

So my “deal” is even worse than $238/mo? Ugh…

Bolts are just too low on supply right now for any dealer to give a real discount…