total cash and rebats 4775
acq fee 925
advan payment 502.61
upfront charges 270
total cap reduction 4001
residual amount 25957

36/12000
I am about -6000 negative on trade

20% discount is excellent. But obviously the MASSIVE negative that you’re paying sales tax and finance charges on is going to skew this much higher. Your payment is $502.61? What is the MF they are using?

So where is the negative coming from? This?

1 Like

Negative coming from 2018 atlas sel premium. 43500 payoff dealer offered 38000 on trade

525 drive off today in 330i

Yes payment is 502.61 monthly on lease

also mf just got back is at .00217

That MF is marked up to max.

Also, you took a bad deal on the Atlas and now are trying to dump it? Do you not like the Atlas?

So what happens when you get sick of the 330i in a few months? Try to roll $15k negative into something else?

1 Like

Well if you like the 330 and your payment is only going up $15 a month, seems like a decent choice, you hosed yourself on the T̶i̶g̶u̶a̶n̶ Atlas though. I’ve got a Tiguan SE and a 320i for $522 total a month and I just did first at signing.

Try bringing in the car to car max to get a quote. From my experience they will offer more than the dealership. If you need to roll that into your payment, get their appraisal and have them at least match it. Just my two cents

yes i understand i got hosed on atlas. wife just cant stand the sluggy large vehicle as she puts it. also looking to lower payments deal came back with 475 a month. guess i will try to haggle mf and trade value a bit
Thanks guys any more input on haggling would be great

Have you quoted through carvana and vroom?

It sounds like you guys don’t actually need to get rid of it for any reason other than you just don’t like it.

I understand getting out of a car you don’t like, but you’re losing your ass financially on it because of that decision. Would it really be all that bad to try driving it a little less and revisit this in a year or so when the negative equity isn’t as bad?

Well I’m ecstatic that someone is actually trading a ‘hot new SUV’ in for a sedan. Sedans for life! If you guys have this much moolah laying around to burn, do it up :star_struck:

What are you paying monthly on the Atlas? How many miles on it currently? You might be able to transfer out of it on swapalease, craigslist, facebook, etc. Surely for less than a $6k (which is gonna cost you more like $7.5k after finance charges and sales tax) cash incentive.

Is he really making it much worse. His payment really isn’t going up much as I understand it and he isn’t throwing a bunch more money down

Payment on bimmer now down to 455 month
atlas was 730 72 month purchase

Ahhhh I didn’t realize it was a purchase. Double check value with third parties to make sure that dealer is making a strong trade-in offer.

How did they get payment down to 455? You’re in the territory where you actually might be able to swap this lease out with no incentive and make someone else pay your negative off. This is turning out well!

1 Like

try vroom!

My thought exactly.

OP, take it at $455 and swap out of it on a lease trading site so you can use loyalty incentive on another BMW before end of April :laughing:

3 Likes

925 acq fee

1450 total due toady

450-470 month depending on credit

One question can dealer adjust mf or is that set upon credit check by bmw

Thinking about pulling trigger

If you do end up transferring it to unload that negative equity, you are unlikely to get anything back that you put down. Just food for thought.

If you’re top tier, dealer can give you buy rate .00177. Or they can mark it up to whatever they want.