BMW 320i Deals - Are they good?

Thanks for pointing out the typo - fixed it. I primarily shopped those two as one is where I initially leased my car and the other was through a colleague’s introduction.

I am having a hard time trying to get them to lower the price as they keep saying this is stretching it. Hence, I wanted to hear from you guys to see if they are telling me the truth.

For incentives - I am getting the BMW loyalty discount?

Thanks!

There’s still some room in that loaner, you have any idea what the MF is?

Oh and the GLA and the QX30 are the same powertrain/platform, might be worth a look if you like the GLA

Keep looking. You can get 330 loaners for those prices.

1 Like

Check out the Guilia as well, can get those at that price range, and end up with a faster, better looking, and more fun car to drive.

Guilia?? Have you read those great reviews that also talk about how they can’t make it through a week long test without multiple issues? Journalists love them for a few hours but everyone will also talk about the problems they have. Not a car you want to be stuck with for 3 years.

Not a good deal. And the CLA and GLA might be two of the worst cars MB has ever made. Audis don’t usually lease well.

Pre production quads. The issues are way overstated. Mine is great and I couldn’t imagine having gotten a stripper 320i instead!

The people buying these who are complaining all over the internet aren’t driving pre production quads.

Not saying I wouldn’t lease one, but surely wouldn’t buy one, nor would I say they are known for their reliability either.

Those reviews also were a year and a half ago on 2017 preproduction cars, now well into the 18 model years.

But that’s also why you lease. Or could have a 320i with 180hp and a backup camera. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’d look for a 330. Much more power more standard features and you can find them for less than what you are being quoted for a 320.

330 for a better price? Where would I look? Hmmm any thoughts on how to discover these awesome deals? (In socal)

Thanks!

Check out the bottom of this thread about finding bmw demos. Also be willing to look further than your local dealership. If you save $3000 over the life of your lease and it costs you $500 to get the car delivered or to pick it up that’s money well spent.

Fair enough, but I still don’t think it’s that out of line with other cars. You were laughing at being “stuck” with one for 3 years (implying a lease). Most good leases on them are 24 months and well within warranty, and the vast majority of people have no issues.

There’s really just not enough info to say either way on reliability so I leased one instead of purchasing, but I still think they’re an utterly fantastic value and are miles better than a 320i (and more debatably, but in my opinion better than a 330i).

Edit: Sorry for confusing two responders. @mp11477 didn’t say anything about being stuck with one, that was @Weasel20

Wrong guy…that wasn’t me. I just pointed out that their reliability hasn’t been stellar, but I’d lease one…just wouldn’t buy it.

My bad, you’re right!

Talked to two 2018 Gulia owners at cars and coffee, both reported several visits to the dealer. Matt Farrah drove a 2018 for the week about a month ago and had many gremlins and lots of issues with the brake by wire system. Leasing a car doesn’t make it reliable. I think they are very good driving cars, the performance is impressive and they have some special attributes but one attribute most want is reliability. Personally I like cars that don’t require regular visits to the dealership for failures and glitches. BTW I wouldn’t buy a 320i, I would hold out for the 330 or go with something else entirely. Lots of really good cars out there these days.

How does leasing a car make it reliable??

It doesn’t…but you’re covered under warranty, so if anything happens, it isn’t your problem.

Obviously we disagree. After reading around the Giulia Forums it’s clear to me that the vast majority of people have no issues. I’m rolling the dice slightly in leasing one in case you turn out to be right and it has lots of problems, but there’s just nothing remotely close in value for money for what I want so I’m willing to take that risk (on a lease). Purchasing is a larger risk as you’re essentially stuck with it if there are problems and that’d likely hammer resale value.

The great thing is that there are lots of options for cars out there these days, so everyone can pick what they’re after. At least we’re in agreement not to bother with a 320i!