BMW 2018 330i Xdrive Lease - Thoughts?

Just loyalty, which has been applied.

Without knowing the spec of the car it’s tough to know. But a dealer by me has a 330i x drive with the same. MSRP as you posted advertised for $38,775. Sometimes rebates don’t apply to leases but I generally find this dealer to be pretty good about online Prices.

The only caveat with Passport is they include incentives into the sales price and don’t list freight (995) in their pricing either. You can catch a good deal at Passport though.

1 Like

It’s the same spec as that one, Convenience Packaged, Heated Front Seats & Steering Wheel, Active Blind Spot. Except CA is a ways from MD.

You should be able to get an OL code from somewhere… I think they’re name-coded, otherwise I’d give you mine.

And don’t forget to do BCCA (BMW Car Club of America) rebate / discount.

1 Like

If there’s any place to get a deal on BMW, it’s CA. But you need to branch out beyond the dealers that get startup bro’s walking in with a fat check after getting acquihired.

2 Likes

Looks like there are a bunch of BMW dealers in Bay area. My guess would be they try to hold the line on prices cause there are tons of tech Bros unconcerned about spending an extra 5k. Just get quotes from other dealers outside Bay area and bring them to the various dealers. Tell them you want them to match the deal and when they do you are ready to buy. One will bite.

Alternatively hire a broker. Seems like in Bay area dealers want to hold the line on deals since there are so many rich people paying too much. But brokers have relationships with dealers and can find the dealer willing to sell at a good price in order to move some metal.

What else is due at drive off?

10% off MSRP before incentive it’s okay. But it’s a 3 series. The redesign is just around the corner (end of this year). I believe you can get more% off… have you try mountain view? Weatherford? East Bay? But generally Bay area dealer aren’t as aggressive as SoCal.

Edit: SoCal also give you extra $1000 inventive as for lease credit, so totally you can get $4000 incentive down there…

1 Like

You folks have been super helpful. I’m being fussy and want black on black Xdrive, which is somewhat limiting.

I tried Mountain View (MSRP is $51.7 so that rules them out)
Weatherford and East Bay - none in inventory

A couple hopeful options in Roseville https://www.bmwofroseville.com/new/BMW/2018-BMW-330i-145cd5e90a0d0cc737d08ddcbdbdf622.htm

and Freemont https://www.bmwoffremont.com/new/BMW/2018-BMW-330i-2a7ead860a0d04fe7eda49173735c084.htm

Now playing them off one another and being asked when will I come in to buy. Such fun :slight_smile:

Roseville is out as their MF is 0.00206 (they won’t move on it)
Their sale price is $38,764 for the above linked.
They wanted $2K down, 36m/10K, $475 monthly inc tax.

I tried to get a lease quote from Passport once and it was awful despite the “good discount”. I think these types of ads should be illegal. “Selling price” should be the actual selling price or call it something else. Maybe “Potential Selling Price*” with fine print giving you the approximate odds of ever qualifying for all of the rebates they bake into the price.

What if you advertised a car for $10k on Craigslist and as people arrived to look at it you told them that the price doesn’t include a $150 internet advertising fee or $600 garage fee and incorporates $500 cash back if you have a white car in the family, $200 rebate if your birthday is in January or August, and an extra cost for added $300 for spray on tire shine? Sounds ridiculous, right?

Reach out to @BMW_Dave . He can get a car for you throughout SoCal (excluding Crevier). Costs about $450 to ship it to you, or you can go down and pick it up. He will be more competitive than Bay Area dealers, for the reasons listed above. I got my X3 from him and it was an easy deal.

3 Likes

Will do, thanks for the tip.

Thanks Kevin. I appreciate the referral. Hope you’re doing well! I gave @Cinderella a great offer which of course was way better than the boys up north. Hopefully the pricing and good word from you will help her make the best decision.

Unless your skiing why to you want xdrive in Cali?

I’m considering relocating to Seattle area in a year or so and dread the idea of RWD on the slush/ice/hill combo.

So I can launch during the rainy season? :slight_smile:

Drove a Charger Scat Pack and Q50 Red Sport - both spun / squeaked tires during just pushing the pedal some / turning. Don’t like that, plus can’t imagine that in the wet…

Irvine BMW is willing to do 12% off before incentive. So it will look like 38x per month and 2000 due at sign For almost the same car, slightly higher MSRP. Just another quote that you can take it to other dealer to compare

Just bought the exact same car. $385/month
And I wasn’t really squeezing, I could have knocked down some of the added fees quite some more

Just looked over your numbers again, seems about the same. Less DAS so higher payments. I put $60 cap cost reduction and $3400 DAS with all the inflated fees, sales tax the works.

I think you have room to negotiate.

Cheers.