Best Sporty Car < $400?

WRX Limited CVT
36/10: MF .0007 (not bad for a Subaru) RV 60%
MSRP: $33,015
Sale: $30,600
$0 CCR
$335/mo + tax, acq and everything else.

That seems high for a $33K car. I leased a Lexus IS350 F-sport ($47k) for $410 a month (so cal tax included) and I think it was just as much fun as the WRX (in my opinion). I haven’t driven the 200t (obviously would be cheaper) so I’m not sure on the driving aspects of that one. Not sure how much a BMW 235i would run as far as leases go, but that is a fun car to drive as well. Maybe some executive demo’s are out there still.

It’s a Subaru (and WRX) - they never have incentives, so not bad. Also - there might be better discount on sale price.
WRX is a real sports car, unlike IS350, even F :slight_smile:

I’m not so sure its a “real sports car” :slight_smile: I do agree its a great driver’s car, but at the end of the day, you’re basically driving around in an Impreza with a better engine/brakes/transmission and some aftermarket looking bits and pieces on it IMO. However, I am in LA so I’m a bit jaded. :laughing:

I will absolutely agree that the IS350 isn’t a real sports car, but I enjoy the power from the V6.

Something that doesn’t drive like a Lexus or Volvo? :slight_smile: And who needs a V6 when you can have 2 liter boxer with 268 hp in small car.

1 Like

Charger Scat Pack? 2017 Charger Scat Pack

1 Like

You can get a Mustang for under 400 a month.

Or even better a Camaro.

You can get some ideas from this thread…The Q50 Red Sport mentioned was probably one of last month’s exceptional deals

VW GLI? There was a thread on it recently, too

1 Like

When did you lease the Lexus? I can’t seem to come close to those numbers

330i or 340i M-Sport with a manual and nothing else. That’s pretty damn sporty if you ask me. Hah

1 Like

What about a Maxima Platinum for 400 month???

I doubt OP can get that for under $400 unless it’s a demo or 2016 MY. I second the IS350, not a traditional sports car but still great to drive. My wife has one and loves it (she’s coming from a 135i which is pretty sporty).

Whats about a Mazda Miata, they are a proper sports car.

Terrible lease though. Low RV, high MF. And tall folk don’t fit LOL

If the OP can wait a few months till BMW pumps up the residuals again then it’s entirely possible. Especially on a 330i. Right now the residual numbers for 2016 cars are the lowest they’ve ever been, the 2017’s are higher. 2017 is 62% for 36/10, 68% for 24/10.

BMW has pumped those numbers as high as 72% for 24/10 and 66% for 36/10. Combine those residuals with some rebates and a willingness to travel for the best deal, and it’s entirely possible.

Wouldn’t count out demo/exec stock either. But like I mentioned, right now isn’t the best time to get a deal on a 3-series, but if patience it can be a winner.

1 Like

I’m too tall for Miata!

But you must be able to get one below $400 right and I’m 6’3" and love driving them.

I’m 6’5"… The mrs. also requires the occasional transport of our two children in a pinch. Just not enough room :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you get a Camaro for under $400 a month. Tiny back seats but if it is only occasional.