Audi Q8 Lease Quote

Greetings fellow hackers!

Seeking advice and opinions on a lease quote for a 2019 Audi Q8. Image below, let’s hear your thoughts, thanks!!

Outrageous discount and MF. I wouldn’t expect Q8s to be reasonable for a while though, they’re the hot new thing.

1 Like

Grab your jogging shoes and RUN as fast as you can from this deal…MF is almost 7%, paltry discount and crazy monthly payment.

4 Likes

When I got my Q7 from a volume Audi dealer I was shooting the shit with the salesman and he said they’d only unloaded two Q8 because the lease program was ridiculously bad and 80% of their clientele leases.

He mentioned that a loaded q8 leased similar to an r8.

2 Likes

Insane. That is literally a mortgage payment.

4 Likes

Thanks fellow hackers, I appreciate the shared knowledge base of this forum. My question is if I were to proceed with negotiations on a Q8 lease, what would be the most ideal arrangement?

Thanks all!

I don’t understand the rage over these SUVS. Frankly, they look ugly. I much would rather a Cayenne or RR Sport

6 Likes

Idea arrangement: wait 6 months and pursue a lease deal where you can secure a higher discount off MSRP, still won’t be a 1% deal and people on this thread will still hound you

I think the Q8 falls into a very unique luxury SUV/luxury car market similar to the Velar which had notoriously bad lease deals until recently as the car is 1-2 years old and we are seeing more loaners/higher MSRP discounts

As the OP of the X7 post said quite accurately, this quote, like a quote for new X7, represents a premium price to be an early adopter of this NEW vehicle - if that’s worth it to you then aim for 5-6% off MSRP, close your eyes, and sign the deal

If you’re really set on a Q8 and you want it now, all you can really do is start canvassing some dealers and seeing where you will get the best discount. As others have said there is no palatable lease program on these yet and you will get hosed for this car.

1 Like

There is no ideal arrangement. This model line is completely new, and I’m surprised the dealer offered a discount at all.

1 Like

You should go look at one in person. The interior is probably nicest in class. The exterior with the s-line kit etc is really nice. Obviously this payment is ridiculous, just talking about the fit and finish of the vehicle.

Agreed, it really is a beautiful car inside and out. They took Infiniti’s 2 screen concept and did it right.

They have one parked in the mall near my house, I quickly looked at it. I didn’t like the exterior at all (especially the rear). The interior looked okay, however, I just think of how many fingerprints its going to attract and how nasty its going to look after 2 weeks of having it.

1 Like

Expecting a deal on a new class of SUV from Audi right after its debut is wishful thinking. I would think it wont improve much even when the initial hype is over and inventory levels normalize.

I’m just struggling to get a deal on a Q7. The January numbers are horrendous… MF almost as bad as Q8

If you’re set on a Q8, I’d buy it. Lease is terrible.

2 Likes

I clicked on the topic expecting an outrageous payment and it sure did not disappoint. If you want to understand how bad this lease is; Audi is forecasting that this car will lose roughly $28k in value over 36 months yet your total lease payments add up to $42k. In other words you are paying $14k in interest and fees for a $28k service.

Also noticed that they calculated your sales tax based on the full price of the car. I don’t know if Nevada charges sales tax on the full price (as opposed to deprecation only) but if they are not your monthly is probably closer to $1k but that is still a bad deal.

4 Likes

Hank, this is an excellent assessment. Thank you very much for your analysis!

You saying you aren’t getting any fingerprints on that nice ls? :thinking:

:joy::rofl:

Correct, I don’t have piano black surfaces…