Ask a Leasing Industry Insider Anything

You would have to look at specific deals posted on the ES to see their math. In general, no. The MSRP discount is a separate negotiated item that often times is hammered out first before the dealer knows that you want to lease, finance or pay cash. With the sales event going on now, Lexus dealers may be less inclined to drop MSRPs by 15-20% knowing they have that much lease cash to stack. 5.6% seems low so try to get that up to a 8-10% discount before the $5k lease cash.

Luxury sedans are selling like molasses these days so there should be a dealer looking to move some aged ES inventory.

Donā€™t bother with dealers in Richmond. Itā€™s an amazing place to live (wouldnā€™t mind moving to Glen Allen or Midlothian myself), but there isnā€™t much competition dealership wise. Iā€™d contact dealers in NoVA and see what they say

1 Like

You also have to remember that VA charges 4.15% vehicle sales tax that you have to add to the capitalized cost of the lease. So for $30,000 you are adding $1,245, or about $35 per month before interest on a 36 month lease, or $52 per month on a 24 month lease before interest.

Yes - lender does not change the program or disbursement of it

Thanks. Is this the same case when Chevy has their 15% or 20% off sales? So I can go get a car at 15-20% off plus haggling and lease it through CULA? Whereas if I leased it through GMF I wouldnā€™t be eligbile for those types of incentives.

Also just to be clear, Iā€™m not a GM employee. Iā€™m simply talking about the Chevy incentive for December thatā€™s employee pricing for everyone.

Iā€™m actually in Columbus Ohio. Wasnā€™t really planning to lease until April/May when my current lease is up but the right deal could entice me. Any recommendations on dealers in the area that lease through CULA? I saw TelOhio CU on your website.

Also just to be clear, Iā€™m not a GM employee. Iā€™m simply talking about the Chevy incentive for December thatā€™s employee pricing for everyone

$695 for excess wear and tear package on Chevy Bolt. Worth it?
One pay on 36mo 12K lease - whatā€™s the discount and who determines it? Bank or dealer?
Thanks!

I am wanting to lease a dodge charger and will lease for the first time. I have a few questions.

1: Other than financing directly through Chrysler what banks should I check out. I plan on going to USBank in the morning to see if I can get the Residual/MF, but should I look elsewhere also.

2: Anyone know if I can get MSDs if I go through a different bank other than Chrysler? Read they do not do it but unsure if other banks will.

3: Anyone know if Dodge Chrysler will have a One Pay option or if another bank will?

The current 2018 residual value is about 10% lower than the 2017 residual value last year at this time. Last November they were 65% and this November they were 55%. I am hoping Decembers are better but was wondering if other banks have a better one.

1. USBank (physical location) usually will not give out that info. You need to goto a Dodge dealer that does USBank deals to get that info.

2. As far as I know, Chrysler Capital and USBank/Ally do not take MSDs.

3. Again, as far I know, Chrysler Capital and USBank/Ally do not do one-pay leases.

Having been a F&I manager for years, the excess wear and tear is never worth it. High profit item for finance office.

Once and for all, please clarify the $7500 tax credit for a bolt lease please!

1 Like

Thank you for your response!

I know. I am purchasing for a synagogue though which would be tax exempt.

@jon is correct on all of these.

1: The options for lenders to lease through on any FCA model are Chrysler Capital, US Bank, Ally and various Credit Unions (depending on if any are leasing in your area. This is indirect lending which means you donā€™t go to the lender first, but handle the veryth MF through the dealer. The dealers sign agreements with various lender to offer their loan/lease products to their customers so the dealer(s) you are shopping at need to be signed up with those lenders to offer you a lease deal through each lender.

2: MSDs are not offered by any of these lenders.

3: These lenders might technically allow for a One Pay lease but you wonā€™t get a reduced MF for doing so. No point.

There are many factors at play leading to the 10pt drop in RV between 17my this time last year and 18MY now. Demand for sedans has plummeted in the last several years. This causes auction prices for used sedans to drop and will pull down RVs. Plus without any design changes for 18MY, the RV will drop naturally about 1-2 pts just for lifecycle degradation. If there is a large inventory with a slow sales pace, the captive and OEM may boost the RVs artificially higher to make lease deals more attractive to get rid of the over supply. The MF might be lower and lease cash might be higher this year to balance out some of the RV differences.

All of these things affected the Dodge Charger.

How do I determine what the MF is for these credit unions? I see how to get the residuals from your website, but without the MF itā€™s a little hard to figure out the payment.

Do you know if these also apply to Alfa Romeo? Wasnā€™t showing on the dropdown for Ally.

Thanks

I had a dodge charger picked out and am dismayed at the 52% residual value for the 39/12 and it got me looking at other options.

What are some of the best cars right now in terms of Residual Value, Money Factor, and incentives/rebates? What should I be looking into with a budget of $450. I am not a car person so I think I am overlooking some options I really shouldnā€™t be.

Example: Subaru Outback has a 60+ residual value and low MF currently.

Check out some of Volvo S90 deals on here. From what I saw it is one of the best deals (lease payment against MSRP). I can also attest that it is really is a nice car and the engine has plenty of power with the T6 trim.

@RVguy

I have a question about leasing particular vehicles which have no lease cash but have a healthy factory support for retail sales.

eg: 2018 Infiniti QX30 Luxury has no lease cash but 3000 factory support for retail sales. Can such car be leased through a credit union or Ally bank where it purchased with the available factory support getting the sales price down and effectively the Adj cap cost lower and than leased through 3rd party bank or credit union.

BTW thanks a lot all your help in sharing your knowledge with the forum.

HN.

@HN308

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes that is how the incentive will work with the non-captive lenders in almost every case. There are occasional fine print limitations that will prevent this from happening but it is rare. The payments for the non-captives on those models rarely will beat the captive because in those cases they are already subventing the rate a lot and often will support a higher RV.

Infinit had some ridiculous high retail cash offers on some of the 17s but even with that the captive still beat all other lenders with a 8-12 pt higher RV and a rate at 0.00003.