Ask a Leasing Industry Insider Anything

Not leasehacker worthy really. Search forum for previous mdx deals. Also, better cars maybe to be had for that payment. Lexus gx for example

Those are all very bad numbers. Th MDX does not lease well. You can get much better vehicles for those prices.

The MDX is the only car that fits my bill: the Q7 is way overpriced for what it is and Iā€™m not looking for a land whale like the Lexus GX. Can someone comment on how those numbers are bad so I can shop around? The residual seems pretty high at around 59% (based on discounted value) or 64 % (based on MSRP) and I only found deals for the MDX base version here for around 450-500 with everything included. Iā€™m shopping for either the tech or advance with AWD. The base doesnā€™t have enough to justify giving up my Murano for lol.

Have you looked at QX60? It leases well as a comparative vehicle. Goal is 1% rule, a 36/10 lease with zero out of pocket should cost 1% of MSRP or less. All of those offers are well above that, but as has been stated, Acura and Honda donā€™t typically lease well.

Havenā€™t really driven a QX60, mostly because it is too much like a Murano overall which is not a bad thing since the thing has been a rock but I just wanted something different after 8 years I suppose. Was considering the paying the Audi tax until recently but the wifeā€™s A6 has had 3 recalls which doesnā€™t inspire much confidence.Canā€™t hurt to send an inquiry to a dealer I guess.

VW has stopped producing the Touareg so the stock that is left is all there is. There is minimal incentives on the vehicle now (just a subvened finance rate) so the OEM is letting the vehicle ride off into the sunset under its own natural demand. I wouldnā€™t hold my breath for any last ditch incentives before the end.

Looking to lease an Audi A5 SB P+ or Q5 P+ 36M/15K but i canā€™t for the life of me get a quote in the $600s with 0 down. Most dealers are cocky and donā€™t want to get you a good deal since they sell so well at this point.

Should I wait until next year or end of the year?

What would be a really good lease rate for what i wrote above?

I live in the suburbs of Chicago.

Thank you!

when will the Chevy Volt RV stop suckingā€¦

3 Likes

What does history tell you about Black Friday pricing promotions? Is December a good time to lease as dealers are trying to hit year end goals? Or is that all old story nowā€¦

The Season of Audi sales event just started and is going on through the end of the year so there should be some better deals towards the end of the year.

Iā€™m not sure what average discounts look like in your market.

Gas prices are expected to stay near the current low levels for the foreseeable future so that means demand for used hybrids and plug in hybrids is also very low. Auction prices for 2-4 year olds in this category continue to fall so the RVs are also low. Lease prices on this category of vehicles will continue to suck for a while unless GM and GMF decide to push leasing and absorb the losses.

2 Likes

Any deals on F - type in Dallas, TX. I cant find a decent deal in any of the mid sedan - sports.

@RVguy Iā€™m wondering what your thoughts are regarding what will happen with rates for the 1st quarter of 2018? Will this be dependent on what happens with 2017 Q4 or all of 2017 or something different altogether? Not really sure what type of market indicators thier are for someone to follow market rates like with mortgages.

Iā€™ve heard that historically itā€™s not the best time to buy in Q1 and I have a lease coming due end of February and wondering if it would just make sense to try and steal a deal at end of year or if Iā€™m really not going to find that much of a better deal then I would in February (my current monthly lease is only $45/month)??

Thanks for any input/feedback you might have.

@DNJA In broad terms rates tend to drift down or stay flat during the model year for a specific model. The reason for this is that captives and OEMs are primarily looking at market share within a segment or a small group of competitors. The RVs almost always stay flat or drop because used vehicles depreciate and RVs are a forecast of future used prices. If the RV drops in a specific time frame, the rate will have to come down as well to hold the payments flat. Unless you are shopping an all new model that has strong natural demand to allow a sales pace with a non-subvened rate. The 2018 Accord is seeing this right now but Iā€™m not sure how long the captive will hold out with the high MF.

Auction prices are very seasonal so there is a consistent bump during the spring months compared to auction prices in the late fall and winter. Last year it wasnā€™t as pronounced as in prior years but this can lead to flat or even some increased RVs in the march-may months putting less pressure on rates to maintain payments and market share.

The other variable that goes into the captiveā€™s calculus (like banks setting mortgage rates) is the Fed and if/when they increase rates again and by how much. The quarter point Fed hikes arenā€™t large enough to really have major swing in MFs they tend to have more impact on the APR side of the business.

So to get back to your question, it is nearly impossible to predict what CY18Q1 lease deals will look like compared to CY17Q4. If you are in an area where a credit union leases, the current 39mo deals are some of the best in the year.

1 Like

Hello!
I am looking for the RV and the MF for the following vehicle
Year: [2018]
Make, Model, and Trim: [Mercedes Benz GLE 350 RWD]
Months/Annual Mileage: [e.g., 36months/ 10k and 12k]
Zip Code: [38139]

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks! I am totally new to leasing and found this site because of the Ford Flex deal. However, I canā€™t seem to get anywhere even close to these numbers? I live in Richmond Virginia. And ideas?

Can the current Chevy employee discount be used if leasing through a CULA credit union?

Wondering about % off MSRP, whether people usually include incentives into it.

I have been looking at some lexus ES leases and have seen people mention 15~20% off MSRP. I know currently they have a december to remember 5k lease cash, and would people usually take that into the % off MSRP figures? Im shooting for somewhere around the range and donā€™t want to be ridiculous.
Currently, dealer was only offering about 5.6% off MSRP before incentives, but with it, becomes about 16.5% off MSRP. something does not feel right so I am asking.

Iā€™ll appreciate any input!

The deals posted here are dependent on finding a dealer willing to sell a vehicle at a specific discounted price point. That is a large part of an attractive lease deal because the lower your net capitalized cost, the less depreciation your monthly payment has to cover. The RV is multiplied by the MSRP of that vehicle, not the agreed selling price. So an expensive car with a big dealer discount will help get to those great lease deals.

I would suggest contacting every ford dealer via email within a certain radius and see if any are willing to play ball.

Yes, absolutely. We have a few credit unions in MI and OH that do a lot of employee prices leases.