Any Quadrifoglio (or other super sedan) Deals?

I’ve historically not been a lease fan, but I got into a crazy lease at the end of 2015 on a 2016 Cadillac ATS-V. A 36/10 with something like a 63% residual and used my GM employee pricing plus a $2,200 incentive in Texas. Basically $685 sign and drive for a $74K stickered car. In hindsight given I don’t keep cars that long, it’s been a blessing as my residual buy-out is easily $10K above fair market now.

Anyways, that lease is up in December (side question, is that a good time to shop deals, I’m willing to float two payments or even be without a car for a month or two)?

I’m failing to find anything in that class of supersedan, and given how the actual value of my ATS-V has sunk like the titanic, and I expect that of the Quadrifoglio’s, I’m not sure I’d “buy” anything new in this space.

I’ve seen tons of Stelvio and Guilia deals on here, but none for the cloverleafs. Anyone got a deal worthwhile, I know my local dealer is marking them down a bit, but I haven’t seen a lease deal. I’m open to other suggestions, if not I may just pay cash for a depreciated M3 Competition, another ATS-V or something similar. The Q50 RS400 is tempting with those deals, but I think I’d see it as a major downgrade from my previous cars (M3s, RS5s, S6, ATS-V). I’d really like manual transmission again but that limits my choices, a Quadrifoglio (either Stelvio or Guilia) would be ok though!

1 Like

Given your payment, I’d say wait till the holidays. There is no magic time but certainly end of the year is often a good time as dealers try to bolster their annual totals.

1 Like

I inquired about Quadrifoglio leases. They are about $1500/month on an $80,000 car. They have extremely low residuals, no incentives, very few discounts, etc. You won’t find a good lease on one of those. I don’t think you’ll be happy with the Q50 RS400 either. Yes, it has 400 HP, but it’s so behind in the technology department, it seems like a dinosaur. Audis generally don’t lease well either. I think your best bet would be trying the M3 or ATS-V again. You might check swapalease as well, as I’ve seen some pretty good leases on there for those two models specifically. The only catch is Cadillac leases can’t transfer out of state.

1 Like

Agree with @anon98469396, while I’ve seen a couple of Alfa dealers doing tax credits in Texas they’re still holding the Quadrifoglio’s back and haven’t properly incentivised leases.

I did see a couple of M3’s on swapalease in Texas with a decent payment but they tend to go quite fast, I did see at least 1 that was a manual as well. December will likely be a good month for something like a Corvette, but you’d probably need to travel north of the Mason-Dixon to get the best deal. Another safe choice and likely good deal at that time of year would be a Challenger/Charger.

1 Like

Apparently they have started to make the quads a little better for leasing. Those $1500 quotes were for when they just came out and wanted to gouge people willing to pay it.

Now they got a bunch laying around, might be a 1% deal sooner rather than later

Yeah I was thinking they would have pushed some lease deals by now but I think they’ve managed to sell enough with discounts to keep them flowing. I haven’t been monitoring stock levels closely enough to see if they’ll get to a tipping point and force them into cheap leases?

I look forward to anyone getting one at close to 1%. It’s by far my favorite sedan. I still don’t think it’s possible with the current residuals. 36/10 is a 39% residual and 36/15 is 36%. I just don’t see how anyone could get any kind of deal.

Wow those are the worst residuals I’ve ever seen on any car in that segment by a long shot. $1,500, that’s laughable.

I really appreciate the help. BMW’s have always leased fairly well, but I’d be more inclined to buy a Certified '17 Competition than lease a new one right now. Any other good deals for this segment? I was spoiled by this last deal :frowning:

@Justin_Sutton had a qf lease for $999plus tax. I don’t recall all the details but he has been getting some good press from other hackers.

1 Like

I’m actually in the market for one too, but this would be my first time leasing…

I stumbled upon a dealership that had a lease offering for the Q4 and below you can see the additional lease information:

“Select 2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio RWD Trims - $1,053/month for 48 Months.
Offer expires on 2018-10-01
Low-mileage lease for well qualified lessees. Based on MSRP example of $75,295.00 with GAFP41 / 24P package after all applicable offers. Total due at lease signing includes a down payment and first month’s payment. Offer requires dealer contribution. Tax, title & license extra. Lessee pays for excess wear and mileage of $.25/mile ($0.50/mile for SRT models) for each mile over 10,000 miles per year, if vehicle is returned at end of term. Option to buy at lease end at pre-negotiated price. Dealer’s actual terms may vary. Offer through Ally. Residency restrictions apply. Must take retail delivery by 10/01/2018.”

Not sure how much you can play around with those numbers, but I’ll be heading in sometime this week or next to go check it out. Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated. Apologies in advanced if I’m thread-jacking!

Total due at lease signing includes a down payment

That’s a big question mark, how much of a down payment? Most of the QF deals at the moment are $999 p/m with ~$6k down. Unless they’re going to discount massively or lift the residuals the QF will be better to finance than lease.

Over $50,000 to drive a $75,000 car for 4 years is just nuts. Why wouldn’t you finance it at that point? Until the residuals for the QV are increased, it’s never going to lease well. Currently the residuals are 36-41 percent. Unless the dealers offer almost zero interest with gigantic discounts, you aren’t going to see lower than high nine nine hundreds per month at best.

1 Like

Thanks for that!

Still a lot of things I’ll have to confirm like what the residual % is and down payment when I get in touch with them. As for all the information now, the car’s MSRP is $76,595 with a dealer discount of $8,111 making the sales price $68,484.

I’m still thinking you’re right though that financing it would be the better choice.

1 Like

Please let us know what you find out. It’s by far my favorite sedan, and I’d love to lease one if they come to their senses.

1 Like

If you are into a buy and not a lease then there are deals to be had on the quad sedan. I saw a dealer in San Diego had one marked down something like 26k-30k! I think there was a lot of cash for a buy on them. I tried to see if they would give that price on a lease and they said no go. Checked a couple other places and they said they same thing. Only for a buy.

2 Likes

Wow! I’d definitely be in for a buy if I can get it for low-60s… I might wait to see if there would be any year end deals. Currently, I am in Houston and best I see are 8-10k off MSRP.

It was at Carlsbad Alfa. Sucks I think I deleted the screenshot too. Can’t find it but the deal was unreal. They put it at a we want this gone yesterday price.

I’m guessing it was probably a '17. I saw a '17 Hellcat with a huge discount as well where lease support had expired and they’d had it sitting for months so cut their losses on it. FCA tend to do it regularly with their halo cars if you can wait long enough and can travel.

Yes it was a 17. I think there was still 1 month left on the lease support.

Yeah, but do you want to be stuck with an out-of-warranty Alfa? I mean, after 3 years (4 years in model years), the resale will be like $15k, so you’d still pay $35-40k on it. For that, you could probably do an C/E63 ($1k/month).