40 Days After Lease - Dealer Demands $1300+ Payment

e) Dealer paid too much at the bunny ranch, and needs a scapegoat to recoup his losses.

3 Likes

Regardless what OP’s outcome, it is mind boggling to me that a consumer is allowed to leave with expensive item with room for so much grey area.

Totally taking my comment out of context. And ironically, you actually reinforced my point. For a business that relies on reputation and word of mouth as much as a car dealership, there is absolutely no point in trying to screw someone out of $1200. That was my point if you read my comment. $1200 is nothing to a large business like this in the context of a customer relationship and affecting future business. In this case, $1200 to the OP is waaaaaay different than $1200 to the dealership, if what the OP says is true (that he does not owe it, he is protected by his contract, and the dealer f’d up and is trying to screw him). For the dealer, the $1200 can quickly become 10-100x that in lost revenue.

So, why would the dealer insist that the OP owes this and VW Corporate does absolutely nothing about it? My suspicion is because he actually owes it.

Nah, I think he’s sitting back laughing at all of you. It’s entertaining!

And this is how conversation goes off the track and the wrong info gets picked up by others. It is 1,300. :smirk:

Right, but not at you. Sure LOL

Please unwind my comment.

4 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

You hide your own posts with the wrong information? Sure, that also includes after someone has proven you wrong! I guess that happens frequently.

The bet here is that I make considerably more than you. I’m well into the six figure range including SS, pension, and retirement savings accounts. I did quite a bit of actuarial consulting work in addition to my teaching load. At least I did meaningful work which was reflected in my income. Do you honestly think that I would believe that moderators are well paid? There are many indices that measure productivity… moderators rank low and don’t make that much, if anything.

KD6-3.7 is one of your adversaries. Like a few others, he has pounded you plenty of times. Must have had him confused with R2D2. Sorry.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Holy cow, just finished reading this entire thread. I need a drink, and then to dive into the Accord Hybrid thread…

8 Likes

It really is a trip…

Wow guys… I didn’t check this thread two day and slits another 100+ posts to read on. Maaaan, I’m running out of popcorn here…
It’s almost like there needs to be tread cooling off period for 24 hours:)

Moral of the story: Timmons VW avoid them at all cost

My brain hurts…I blame you all for my bar bill tonight.

1 Like

Wow… 240 posts… i feel like i returned after a month to this thread.
Can anyone tell me what happened in the end? Like one last comment and then Close the thread as a happily ever after thing… or is there yet no happy ending?

2 Likes

I don’t make six figures, am I still allowed/worthy of posting here?:joy:

1 Like

This is a tease. Seriously no ending. Dont know what is worse, ending of the Sopranos, ending of House of Cards, this thread, or blue balls.

1 Like

Closed under the assumption OP is no longer reading this thread. Now it’s just people arguing and recycling the same jokes.

OP can PM me if you have anything further to add and want to re-open.

2 Likes