40 Days After Lease - Dealer Demands $1300+ Payment

I was responding to @StingerTT’s comment on unwinding the deal and yes, it’s a joke

1 Like

Friendly reminder that we are now at 201 posts and OP has still not taken 30 seconds to post his contract but has spent hours responding to messages while insisting that the dealer is out to get him.

3 Likes

I think OP has bailed at this point. Honestly, this whole thing is a big exercise in time wasting with all of this speculation.

Probably because a dealership trying to screw him out of a measly $1200 (to them) and VW Corporate taking absolutely no interest defies all logic and common sense, unless he actually owes that amount.

Until OP posts his contract, there is nothing to discuss. All posts are nothing more than speculation and educated guesswork. I doubt OP will post his contract because he would have done so by now. This makes absolutely no sense. So, it’s natural to ask whether he has something to hide. Maybe he’s just sitting back and enjoying all the attention that most posters seem to be giving him.
This thread needs to be closed.

I was being facetious about my joke with unwinding the deal. My impression is that the sales contract is final and there’s no such thing as “unwinding” or “cooling off period.”

Or maybe he just doesn’t want to post his contract on the internet for some weirdos with nothing else to do other than speculate on his situation? (@mp11477 - I was partially joking)
I wouldn’t post my contract either. Why, if I know exactly what’s in there and can describe it in my own words?

1 Like

about? You got me here.

Never mind, you weirdo LOL

1 Like

I wouldn’t post my contract either if I was full of :cow2: :poop:

1 Like

I resent that…I never asked to see his contract! You have offended me.

:joy: 20202020202

But wouldn’t you look at it, had he posted? :grin:

I’ve been following the thread and your posts about unwinding the deal (I understand it’s a joke). I was joking too, thought you would go with the flow. OMG, I am out!

I cannot confirm or deny your suspicion.

I thought the 180 day cooling off period sounded a little extreme.

edited my post.

This is THE best thread of LH. Beats pretty boy AJ, Honda Accord Hybrid etc. It’s a simple lease trade-in problem yet everyone (including myself) is stumped.
What is the heart of the problem:
a) Dealer took too long to do payoff and hence numbers got changed?
b) Dealer miscalculated payoff and now trying to recoup difference?
c) VW screwed up payoff and now dealer trying to make up difference from OP?
d) Dealer made a mistake in the deal regarding trade in value and trying to get it back from OP?

He only needs to post the part of his contract that he wants to.

NOTHING will ever beat the Accord Hybrid thread. That dude was the most inept car buyer with access to the internet in history. The thread even had a nice conclusion when he continued to believe the dealer’s word as the gospel and signed another similarly awful deal after he managed to get his original deal unwound - hey, the OP in this thread should try that!!!11111

7 Likes