2019 Volvo S60 T6 Momentum AWD Lease Wanted

Explains everything…

Infiniti and BMW are watered down brands at least Volvo is trying new things. If you are 19 I get it you want a infiniti but most of us older guys just want a comfortable cruiser that has steering feel.

Many times, old and reliable, is better than new and unreliable.

Dude, the Volvo is built in South Carolina and designed in Sweden. Its only financed by Geely. By your logic the infiniti is a dressed up nissan altima…which I do think hits the lmark closer than your comps. :grinning:

4 Likes

XC60 is built in China. And? Nissan Altima is also built in US, just like the S60.

“Swedish designed”? Geely literally killed all the awesome Swedish innovations, and the whole brand identity. Dumped the wonderful and unique, unkillable 2.5T and 3.0T for some moany 4 cylinder? That ain’t innovation…thats frustration.

Whatever you may think of the 4 cylinder or NOTHING approach that Volvo takes, it was Volvo’s decision to do so. Nothing to do with the parent company.

Maybe if Nissan showed Infiniti some more love and MONEY they wouldnt have to resort to flogging them on cheap leases in order to sell them. #Justsayin

2 Likes

No I think that was Ford buddy. Geely invested billions of dollars with a hands-off management approach.

You may need to stop taking out your …

2 Likes

Cheap leases? Then that logic must apply to BMW too?

Geely owns Volvo since 2008. Ford did not kill anything.

The purchase was finalized in 2010.

1 Like

What is with you guys. One day you complain how some cars are terrible for leases, and when a manufacturer makes a car leaseable you complain that they are “cheap”. They are doing what they need to, and I think it’s great that you can affordably get one. BMW and Lexus are doing that too for some models.

Up till then, those were on of the most advanced and reliable cars. I know people who put over 300k miles on these 2.5T engines. They are something else :slight_smile: Not this 2.0t nonsense…

Infiniti is the ED HARDY of luxury cars

2 Likes

Then Lexus must be Austin Powers of luxury…and Volvo, mini-mee.

Correct and as with Infiniti, it’s because they have old, dated models to get rid of. That’s no bad thing! Some people much prefer the ‘old school’ approach and it’s great that there are still options out there for people who can’t deal with new technology just yet. :wink:

When you say new technology…it really means 2 things. 1- big ipad type screen that replaces classical and elegant gauges, and 2 - apple car play. Every other option Infiniti has…that newest models have, and even more in some cases.

Thats a vague generalization — There are many more differences – Infiniti has very old platforms with old tech and even the driving dynamics are nothing great. Infiniti has been milking the same cow for almost two decades.

FYI-- the CEO is in jail – misappropriating funds

Why do they need to invent a new platform, if this one is so good already? Just to say, hey, we made a new platform? Driving wise is again, a person perspective. It shows great times on the track and drag strip.

Lexus has been using the same 3.5 V6 for a decade…and you can say that about any car out there. The 3.6 Pentastar…same thing. The 5.7 Hemi, same thing…good things stay!

Any CEO can go to jail…it’s not brand related. At least Infiniti wasn’t sold to Geely or Tata. Fyi, Geely owns a significant share in Mercedes too.

I leased an Infiniti older model. Not a fan. Couldn’t wait to give back. Fast yes but nose heavy. Electronics would be too dated for me now.

If I did get one, I’d buy used for 1/2 off.