2019 Volvo S60 T6 Momentum AWD Lease Wanted

I have both (until thy fix my 428 and it gets returned).

To me, feels like T6 is quicker both off the line and in passing. 428 bogs when it gets over 3k.

428 is more planted at speeds higher than 75.

Hmmā€¦the 428i I driven would toast this T6.

Agree with this so much. If I am gonna buy a used, buy true used and save 50%.

Mine seems quicker and more linear than that. But that is about on par with my 428.

1 Like

That is why I said, they are very closeā€¦despite the BMW weighing a bit more, and having 60hp less + no supercharger.

While these n/a 328hp would just murder a T6šŸ˜†

And as I mentioned to @dmitry i wouldnt even think of getting an s60 to replace the power my Q50 has.

Sorry dmitry, but if your friend is a ā€œprofessional Audio and Stereo installerā€ and is a fan of bose audio then he has obviously lost his hearing from being in too many loud cars. I was in the high end audio business for 20 years, both home and car audio. I used to rep JL Audio, Phoenix Gold, Infinity, Alpine, MTX and esoteric high end home audio lines as well as Yamaha. I was the featured audio quality judge as some of the larges t ā€œCrank 'em Upā€ contests in Florida back in the 80ā€™s and early 90ā€™s. If Iā€™m an expert at anything it is audio and EVERYONE Iā€™ve ever known in the audio business laughed at suckers who bought bose. Some of our bose expressions were ā€œblowsā€, ā€œno highs, no lows, must be Boseā€. Dr Amar Bose was affectionately known as the PT Barnum of the audio business, the guy who coined the phrase that ā€œthere is sucker born every minuteā€. Sorry if it seems like Iā€™m going off a bit here but while I think your input on cars is generally very valuable your input in this post is horrible. No offense. :grinning: PS: can you tell I have a bit of an attitude toward Bose? it used to upset me that people were paying hundreds of dollars for crap speakers that literally used $3 off the shelf CTX drivers(Iā€™m referring to the Blows 901ā€™s.) Ok, off my soapbox.

3 Likes

Well, I am not an installer myself, hence canā€™t answer your questionā€¦just saying what my friend told me. I honestly love how BOSE soundsā€¦so, I think it is a good system. Each has their own taste.

Either way, Volvoā€™s Drive-E engine groan replaces the whole Bowers and Wilkins experience :joy::joy::joy: Jkā€¦all are pretty decent speakers nowadays.

I think the point thatā€™s being missed is that an S60 and a Q50 are very different cars and should probably not be comped against each other. To say a Q50 would ā€œmurderā€ a T6 Volvo is probably a fair point, but Iā€™d also say the guy in the S60 feels a lot more comfortable, has a much nicer interior, features, and sound system. I think all of the cars in this segment have a little give & take as far as features go. Like my 340i is uncomfortable as hell, and I personally think the HK audio in it is trash, but I have blown away red sport q50ā€™s in a straight line, despite having significantly less power and torque.

As an aside, raw power means nothing if itā€™s paired with a transmission that has no idea what to do with it. By the time the dated 7 speed in the Q50 is done going from 3rd to 4th, the ZF is already in 6th or 7thā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s great to race Q50 RSā€™ when they ainā€™t racing :slight_smile: You are not going to blow away a Q50 RS in a straight line. That car has a 112+ mph trap speed, and a mid 12s quarter mile, stock. A simple st1 reflash, and mid 3s 0-60.

Seats in the Q50s are very nice and comfortable.
I donā€™t see the S60 having a ā€œbetter interiorā€. Itā€™s just differentā€¦and these cars are in the same class.
The 340i traps a bit higher than a base Maxima ooo

Your car is not beating thisšŸ˜‚ Only car you can edge out by few car lengths is a base 3.7 or 3.0t 300hpā€¦that does mid 13s. Your car does low 13s from launch control.

Here is basically your carā€¦2 door. Yours may be a tad fasterā€¦

Ok but not everyone is 18 years old and voids their warranties by flashing / chipping their cars? A stock 340i is a much faster car than a stock red sport. BMW notoriously understates their engine outputs.

lol itā€™s not at all though, because it has an N54 engine vs a B58 thatā€™s in every one of the new 40i models.

Much faster? 13.2-13.4 is not much faster, but actually slower than a 12.6-12.9 Q50 RS.
A stock 300hp Q50 runs 13.6s lol.

I agree with you here wrt cars (not SUVā€™s). I just returned home from driving the new 2019 BMW 330. Yesterday i drove the, Volvo, infiniti and the Alfa. I own a Volvo XC90 and a BMW 4. The bottom line, imo, is if you are looking for the most comfortable interior environment for long distance driving and the best sound system the Volvo wins hands down. If you are looking for the sportiest run around car then the Alfa or the BMW wins hands down. IMO the infinity just felt like a cushy Japanese car with no strong identity, just meh.If I had a commute and drove around town everyday iā€™d try the Alfa. Partly because itā€™s the only one of the major brands I havenā€™t owned at one point or another.

1 Like

The Q50 RS stock runs 12.6-12.9 (depending on conditions) and traps 112mphā€¦and no way is your stock 340i trapping anything close to that.
Andā€¦to get these numbers, you also have to start off launch controlā€¦so only car you are beating off a light is a base Q50 3.0t with 300hpā€¦LUXE model that does 13.6s @ 103 stock, as tested by car and driver.

Out of all these, I think Infiniti and BMW have most identity. Volvo is a chinese Geely made car, Alfa is a Fiat-Chrysler product (taking about ā€œidentityā€ rofl)
Fix-It-Again-Tom.