2019 Q7 Premium Plus Lease

Hi,
Could you please comment on this lease offer:
2019 Audi Q7, Premium Plus with warms weather, 20" run flat tires, in Houston TX.
Thanks,
All

What lease offer?

3 Likes

LOL, forgot a small thing.
Here: Zero down, 36/12K, MSRP 69,711; 5% discount, $2K rebate. Total purchase price 65,231. Tax $4076, non tax fee $1098, net price $70,563.00
Monthly payment $1213

Clearly I am an absolute novice, and the dealer has not given me MF, RV and any of the other numbers you all traditionally look at.

Thanks!

The new car leasing standard in Donald Trump’s America: the near-2% rule…

5 Likes

We don’t need to know the details to know it’s a terrible deal. Even any novice should be able to do that. Do you really have to ask when the payment is $1213/mo for a $70k vehicle?

3 Likes

Are they throwing in an A4 lease with this deal? If not I’d it’s worthy of the following page.

not a very kind group, but thanks for your help nevertheless :slight_smile:

I guess, I am not taking this deal. But do explain please…

Either hire a broker who is registered here or take a week or so to research everything in this forum before getting numbers from the dealer. Audi’s doesn’t lease very well from what I have seen in this forum so far FYI.

They’re just being honest…no one was being unkind per se. You can look up MF and RV by googling “2019 Q7 MF”. Find the Edmunds thread and post your location/lease terms there. You should also provide your location here so people can help better once you do have more details.

1 Like

Okay thanks guys. I am located in Houston.

This could be included in the worst deal hall of fame… lol

1 Like

we’ve seen way worse, and any Texas lease (without sales tax credits) will look worse than most other deals due to the sales tax. But I bet you wish you had his income tax rate :sunglasses:

@All_Junk I live in Houston and my wife has a Q5 so I know your pain. I looked at trading that in for a Q7 but for a $65k+ Premium Plus you’ll need a decent discount and sales tax credits and even then you’ll still be around $900p/m with zero down payment.

I would go for a Range Rover Discovery as the current pricing is better and Land Rover are actively trying to move units. They have a similar 3 liter engine, 7 seats and would be significantly cheaper. 2018 X5’s would also be way cheaper, but you probably won’t find one with 7 seats.

I am in that income tax rate. I know the pain of paying 35% + tax to Uncle Sam :frowning: . But I see your point about the sales tax.

I believe he is referring to 0% state income tax in Texas and not federal tax bracket,
I personally rather pay a little more lease tax but save 7-9% in state income tax especially with the new tax law and double taxation! That said I live in NY…

Yeah I meant the state income tax at 0%. In the UK we call it income tax.

Tax is a mess in Texas, we pay 0% income tax, but on our $3600 rental property about $2k goes on property taxes :grimacing:

Well email dealers in Houston/Austin/San Antonio and Dallas, find models you like and then send them something along the lines of:

"I would like to know your most aggressive pricing before any incentives on a 36/12 lease assuming a credit score of (YOUR CREDIT SCORE).

On this stock/vin:
Copypasta stock/vin here

I am able apply 10 multiple security deposits to lower the APR(IF YOU ARE ABLE TO DO SO). Please include audicare in your calculation(THIS INCREASES THE RV BY 1%). I would like to pay all fees out of pocket and not roll them into the lease. If Audi (INSERT AUDI DEALER) have any tax credits this month please include that as well. Thank you for you time."

Know the MF/RV/Incentives going into the deal, most dealers will mark up the MF if they do so push for a lower sales price. In Texas this is a good thing, lower sales price = lower tax. Pay down the usually inflated MF using MSDs if you can. Some dealer will eventually bite, they’ll take the higher MF and make the money on the back end versus making money up front. It’s better for you because it lowers the tax you need to pay. Now, will everyone respond to that with insane offers? Probably not, but eventually someone will agree.

1 Like

Thank you!!
I will do that.

Thanks @ajgraham
I never found the Q7 even remotely leasable with their high MF (like a Porsche).

However I will look at the Discovery full size since my Land Rover lease is ending…