2019 GTI Rabbit - Feedback on my lease quote

As someone who leases a GTI and have leased one before this I can agree with Joe. VW does absolutely nothing when it comes to incentives or loyalty, sure it has something to do with diesel gate. That being said the GTI is a great car and won’t disappoint in terms of usability and driving dynamics. I’d certainly take a GTI over a 328i (some people manage to hack them at extremely low lease prices-sub $300’s)

1 Like

The GTI is an awesome car and one of the few I’d recommend for purchase - not just because of the crappy lease rates but also because its just a blast to drive and now has a great warranty to go with it.

I miss my Mk7 GTI every day.

Some VW’s lease great, after diesel gate they were giving away Jetta’s. Tiguan’s lease fairly well right now, Jetta’s decent too.

Just to add to that, I think it’s model-dependent and also financing vs. leasing dependent. I barely had to ask, and 2 VW dealerships took $5000 off the Sportwagen SEs they had remaining in stock, but that deal only applied to financing (so they said).

It’s typical for VW to have more cash on a purchase vs a lease. In particular the wagons and hatches don’t seem to lease well.

1 Like

Yeah, and then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy of wagons and hatches not selling well (I say this only b/c there is a rumor that VW will only bring the next-gen GTI and R to the US among all the Golf variants).

Mind if makes sense since folks aren’t buying sportwagens and standard golfs. Numbers don’t lie.

I’d lease a sportwagen in a heart beat if it was a deal