2019 GTI Rabbit - Feedback on my lease quote

Hi Fellow Hackrs,
I’m hoping I can get some input here, I’m working with a dealer in PA (suburbs of Philly) and received a quote on the lease of a 2019 GTI Rabbit. Calculator link is below along with a screenshot of the official quote. Now I know well enough that the GTI does not lease well from reading this forum, that being said I’d like to see your thoughts. Is this a good lease deal? Do you think I can do better? Looking forward to hearing back, thanks everyone! NOTE: The $500 rebate you see is an offer that was given out at the philly car show for those who signed up at the VW section. I’m currently leasing a VW but it doesn’t seem they have any loyalty programs

Looks like a solid discount off MSRP and no MF mark up or ridiculous doc fee.

The dealers in the DMV area promise even higher discounts, but they make up for it on the back end with higher finance charges.

So you can compare.I am in ct and my dsg Rabbit quote was $424 mo with $1500 down.

Currently in a gti so I know they don’t lease well but if I got that quote I would be driving a Rabbit.

Fun car. Good luck

Good MF, I have no idea what kind of discounts are available in your area, but I’d push for a bit more of a discount. Scrap the $1500 down, not sure why you need to put anything down at all to reduce your payment by $47/mo. Does VW do MSDs?

I think this is great for a GTI. I would snap this up.

Hey Everyone,
Thanks for the feedback! I had a chance to see the car and decided it wasn’t quite for me, it’s a great driving and certainly checks the box in terms of performance. The interior wasn’t enough to make me pull the trigger (currently leasing GTI SE with leather & fender). So the search continues! Not sure what the etiquette is on LH but I’m happy to provide the dealership name for those of you searching for this deal.

I rented one two years ago and I was impressed how well it drives. I would consider leasing one when the time comes.

Mac, I’d love the name of the dealer. None of my local dealer in South Florida want to get within $50 a month for a manual Rabbit.

Jeff D’Ambrosio VW in Downingtown PA

Hi Hackers!
Wanted to close the loop here, I decided to go ahead with the rabbit. I managed to track a cornflower blue one down. Don’t have all the numbers in front of me but some details below.

$1,500 down
$500 car show incentive

Monthly Payment: $365 for 12K miles per year for 36 months. How did I do?

1 Like

I’d be interested to see the breakdown on the deal you got.

Hi Blitz,
See the calculator below, it shows $370 per month so I’m $5 too high somewhere in my calculations but this should give you a good idea. Was happy to see a 10% discount off MSRP and no MF markup, especially for the coneflower blue models. I’ve been told some dealers are getting MSRP for those.

All in all I’d say that’s a pretty good deal on one of these corn flower blue Rabbits. These cars don’t seem to lease well in general so I think that’s about as good as you can get. The dealers around here are playing the “rare limited edition” card with the CFB Rabbits and only discounting them like $500 off sticker

ehh so upsetting that the GTI’s lease so poorly. When the whole dieselgate scandal broke out a few years ago I thought for sure VW would increase insentives to lease all their cars. Doesnt seem to be the case here. Just so hard to justify a $360 per month lease on a car that’s roughly 30k. I know my Buick Encore was an insane lease at 150/mo for a 25k dollar car and I know that i’ll never duplicate simiar number with a GTI, but I hope there are BETTER times ahead in regards to leasing these… on a side note, someone mentioned a 500 dollar auto show rebate above. What other rebates can one qualify for with VW financial and are they stackable?

Dieselgate presented some of the best incentives and offers on VW cars in years… it may not have been leases, but purchase offers were insane. I was seeing 15/20% or higher discounts on GTIs for a couple of years. Now it’s slowed down, but things were hot.

Hi Kevin,
Yea I mentioned the $500 car show rebate, that’s about the only incentive that VW provides. They do pay first months payment for “sign & drive” promo. It’s really frustrating that VW does not offer any “loyalty” like other brands do. Agreed that $360/month for a car that stickers at a but north of 31K is a bit high. That being said the GTI seems to be in a class of its own, it’s an incredible drivers car, efficient and practical. There’s not another car in the “hot hatch” segment that I’d pick over the GTI. Although I’m certainly bias lol

So should I attend the upcoming NYC auto show to get the rebate? How exactly does it work?

Kevin,
I’d recommend doing so if you’re looking to get a VW within the next 90 days (that was the deadline I was told when receiving th voucher). All I had to do was walk over to the VW section of the car show and speak to on the MFR reps, they actually had let me know about the incentive at that time. When working with the VW dealer on my GTI I let them know about the MFR incentive once I was finished negotiating the vehicles price, they then subtracted a further $500.

1 Like

Can someone explain where the “GTI dont lease well” comes from? What criteria is being used to determine this? I was seriously looking at leasing one.

The payment relative to the MSRP is high due to the lack on incentives/high MF, etc. The deal up above is $388 with just first DAS for a $31k car.

2 Likes