2019 Ford Explorer XLT/Limited

Nope in fact they picked up my last 3 previous Ford Focus payments. Truthfully I want to get out of the explorer and into a something more cost effective as it’s a second car that we barely drive. I wonder if a $479/mo explorer sport would gauge interest in the lease transfer section of this forum.

Obligatory QX60 suggestion. For $25k you could probably get 2 36mo leases, so 6 years worth.

No worries… all good questions to ask. Incentives are based on dealership location. The $1,500 difference is based on what is available in your area vs. max lease cash I saw on Edmunds for this month so why you may want to go out of state. At the same time, RV or MF could also change so you have to run the numbers. NC could be the same $2,000, you would have to check. Surround states should have no problem registering the car in KY but some ones further away may not be willing, just check with the dealer.

I believe X-Plan is just a prenegotiated selling price like TrueCar, not a rebate, so he could be right. Did you get an actual price via your X-Plan?

Rebates like lease cash incentives, loyalty, college grad are reimbursed by the manufacturer so why people usually separate them out from the discount since it’s not coming out of the dealers pocket.

If you can hold out with the Envoy slowly dying, the numbers should only get better especially with the redesigned 2020 Explorer. I’m in NJ and without even submitting the request, TrueCar is coming back with a $41k price for a $48K Explorer (with rebates) so definitely still room in the quotes you got.

Check out highlander deals from @Jrouleau426 and see if you’d go to PA to pick up or if he can ship

Thanks for the info. I’ve already located a transmission for the envoy for around $400. With installation, shouldn’t be out of pocket for more than $650. If it last two more months, it’ll be worth the money. I’m still waiting for a couple more work sheets. I’ll post as they come in.

I’ve got one worksheet on a Highlander so far.
Also an Explorer worksheet from them same dealership group

Did you laugh in their face? They are giving you 5% off.

Please use a broker; the $300-$400 will save you 5x or more and a ton of time.

Here are some Highlander deals for comparison:

1 Like

Anyone who provides a unreasoneable lease quote, I just ask if that’s the best discount they can provide. If they say yes, I let them know I’m getting other quotes. Haven’t heard back from any of those yet.

You may have better success reaching out to someone in the internet department and provide them a quote with all the necessary details you want them to beat or match. Use a recent deal off here and update with the local numbers by plugging it into the calculator.

Even though their margin may be low on the deal, they know you know it would be a quick transaction if you can agree on a price since you know the numbers and not just kicking the tires.

There are a recent thread here on how best to communicate with dealers in this situation.

When sending one dealer another dealers quote should I be asking them to match the percentage off MSRP before incentives?

Or should I just asked for a percentage off the MSRP up front? 15-20%? If that’s reasonable.

Another thing I’ve noticed is once you start asking questions about MF/APR and RV, you start to get communications from the sales manager

Break it all out like ads here… MSRP, Sales price, discount, factory incentives, MF, acquisition, down at signing, etc. MF can vary as they can use multiple banks and will mark it up as a way to get more money at a lower sale price. There should be MSDs available in some states to lower the Base MF which makes sense if you have the extra cash available.

Dealer wants to move the conversation to monthly amount and then just move stuff around to meet that number was but maximize their profits. Dealing with the sales manager isn’t a bad thing as he isn’t usually wasting his time and is the person who can give you what you want.

Here is a good someone posted for a Highlander in NJ:

MSRP $36,303
Discount $(4,246)
Bonus rebate (500)

Aqc Fee $650
Doc Fee $141 (PA Dealer)
Reg /Title $289

Residual 66%

MF .00053 (.00125 x 9 MSD)

6.75% NJ Tax

1st payment and MSD due at signing

$311 a month

Does it still have that step over and down into lip? I always hated that with the 2011+.

Made some progress on collecting more quotes. Attached it what I have so far. Best up front price I’ve received in 8.3% off MSRP. The columns with a X are dealers that said there’s no point in submitting a counter offer, that they offered their best price up front.

I’m going to start submitting counter offers now. I’ve found several online sources for calculators that claim to provide a fair offer with a couple of calculations. Are any of these reliable?

Yes, Kentucky. I’ve also began searching the Highlander deals as well. Thank You

Holy crap! That looks like a flight log! Delta 454 heavy turn right heading 330 climb and maintain flight level 280…

Haha. I know it’s a mess. I prefer pencil and paper over a digital form.

Bravo! You should be applauded!

Incomplete quotes aren’t really comparable…

What is the MF or APR?
One guy has a 799 doc! What about the rest?

Or just straight to the point, what is the MP and DAS?

Ford Credit .95% APR. I’ve had several quote 1.95, but back down to .95 when called out.

I’m waiting for several of these dealers to respond with their fees so I can calculate a proper payment. Most just like to throw a monthly out and not provide the details (imagine that).

I hope to fill in all the blanks by the end of the week. Working 6 days a week doesn’t allow much time.

1 Like

Question…

Wtf is a cap reduction tax? Dealer shenanigans?

Cap cost reductions, such as manufacturer incentives or rebates, are taxable.

Most dealers won’t mess around with tax and DMV. They can get in big trouble.