2019 Chevrolet Traverse Lease - Any good?

First time leasing, been reading a lot around the forum and using the calculator to run numbers and debunk some bad initial offers. Its been a big help already, so thanks!

I’m currently looking at leasing a 2019 Chevrolet Traverse FWD LT Cloth with Convenience and Driver Confidence Package. After several non-special offers from local dealerships, finally got one worth posting about:

MSRP $38,740
Sale Price: $36,500
Incentives: $2,140
Residual 63%
MF .00158
Zipcode: 43035
Term: 36 months @ 10k miles per year
Monthly payment: $416
$612 due at signing

I do not have a current lease, so I’ve pretty much maxed out my incentives. Its felt like I’ve been pulling teeth to get a dealership to get this low (most offers were around $460/month with similar MSRPs). I noticed some New England and California dealerships are giving lower offers. Can I do any better than this in Ohio, or is this about as cheap as a lease for a 3 row SUV with 2nd row captains chairs gets in this area?

Any other tips on this deal?

A friend of mine just got the same trim Traverse same MSRP 36/10 for $329/mo true $0 DAS in NY. He was a return leasee coming out of an Acadia. Selling price was in the $34,xxx range before incentives. Not an employee etc. deal only thing special was lease renewal. Ask for a bigger discount double check nothing is marked up and go fishing for a dealer that is willing to dip into discretionary incentives like GM dividends.

Ended up signing on a much better deal. I got the above dealer to get to a sale price of $34,900 (10% off MSRP, but at 60% RV) on a loaner they had. They also made a mistake and originally gave me a $500 incentive that wasn’t available in my area. I then took the purchase order with just the sale price to a dealer that had promised to beat any deal. Using that sale price, they gave me the following offer I signed on today for a very similar Traverse (brand new, not a loaner):

MSRP: $38,465
Sale Price: $34,701
Incentives: $1,640
MF: 0.00158
Term: 36 months @ 10k miles per year
Monthly payment: $380
DAS: $690
Leasehackr Score: 8.8

Overall I’m sure its not the absolute best deal possible, but I got 10% off MSRP on sale price and they didn’t pull any MF markups or any other shenanigans, so I’m pretty happy with it for my first go at leasing.
For the hell of it, I ran some extra numbers below that may help others based on the calculator. Note: The numbers below are based on currently available incentive offers in my area only for February 2019.

If I had had an existing GM lease:
Incentives: $2,640
Monthly payment: $348
DAS: $729
Leasehackr: 9.5

If I had had a non-GM lease:
Incentives: $3,140
Monthly payment: $333
DAS: $748
Leasehackr: 10.0

Geezer…I’m in the exact same boat your friend was in…coming out of an Acadia…looking for Traverse…can you tell me the dealership he used? I’m also in NY. Thanks in advance-Joe

I am in NY reaching the end of a CR-V lease. Looking for a Traverse, please help

Guys that’s not a great deal.

You all should head up to Banks Chevy in NH. Much more competitive.

2 Likes

Paddock Chevrolet in the Buffalo area.

See this thread for other tristate dealers

Just out of curiosity, and to help with potential future leases, what could I have done differently that would have made it a great deal for my area? What terms for the above Traverse would have made it a great deal?

Forgive me as I only read your initial post. Second is much better!

I am looking at a 2019 traverse LT FWD. I live in central NJ. The msrp is $38340… has anyone gotten any good deals nearby? I also have a town and country with 3 lease payments left @ 334 each that I have to factor in. I’m thinking of waiting until the end of March b/c it’s the end of the quarter…

I just picked up a Traverse this weekend from Hawthorne Chevrolet. I sent my friend there last week who also did very well. Call and ask for Keith Potash, he can at least give you an idea of the payment. This dealer came in below several that I priced.

Thank you for the information

Have you found any good deal in central NJ ? I am living there also and looking for good deal either on Malibau or Traverse.

Thanks,

If you and OP are still following, curious why you’re going Acadia to Traverse? Isn’t the Acadia slightly better materials, better looking? At least GMC’s seem that way, to me. But maybe Traverses lease much better.

The Acadia has a number of shortcomings compared to the Traverse.

• The Traverse comes standard with a 3.6 V6 and 9 speed transmission. The best the Acadia offers is a 3.6 V6 with only a 6 speed automatic.
  • The V6 Traverse gets better fuel economy than a V6 Acadia despite the Acadia being smaller. The only way the Acadia gets better fuel economy is when choosing the under-powered 4 cylinder engine. Even then, the V6 Traverse still gets better highway fuel economy than the 4 cylinder Acadia.
  • The Traverse has more room, including 3 across in the 3rd row (2 across only for Acadia).

If you don’t need the room, the Acadia is still a nice vehicle and it looks like GMC is offering some pretty significant discounts.

2 Likes

Been in the market for a Traverse Premier 36/15 in NY for a friend but it has terrible lease numbers with low RV, high MSRP and high MF. I called about 6 dealers and none would go very much below invoice. Not sure why dealers aren’t discounting at all.

Best I can get so far was like 680 with 1st month DAS. @iknyc