2018 Volvo XC60 T6 Momentum AWD (Vision, Advanced)

There is no lease or purchase cash on Volvo. There is Volvo allowance that applies to purchase AND lease and there is the Lease bonus (on some models) on top. The only difference is on Loyalty - $500 lease/$1,000 purchase.
Edit: there is actually $6k purchase only on V90, but it is not listed on the Lease tab of the estimator. Same for XC60 - $1,250 purchase bonus. So I think there may be $1,250 Lease bonus for his zip. Or maybe you are right about purchase.

You’re splitting hairs uselessly on semantics again. On a 2018 XC60 there is (depending on market) typically $750 “Purchase Bonus” that I called purchase cash (same thing, dimwit). There is $500 “Lease Bonus,” what I called lease cash. Trying to say there is no lease or purchase cash because it’s not called “bonus” is misleading and confusing. Anybody I’ve met in the car business in 28 years knows that words that mean the same thing are the same thing.

Your agenda is clearly to construe what I say to be incorrect. The truth of the matter is you’re threatened by someone who knows more about Volvo than you do. That’s your problem.

:joy:
You really need to chill. I’m not in the car business, again. Why would I be threatened by someone like you? The more knowledge is better for all and trying to understand terminology and inner-workings is not “splitting hairs uselessly on semantics again”
Now, regarding “Lease Bonus dealer cash”, “Retail Bonus Cash”, “Volvo allowance” and such where it gets confusing. For the past couple of years I was under impression that “Volvo allowance” shown on the Lease tab of the estimator equaled “Volvo allowance” from the Finance tab, hence could be applied to a lease or a purchase. This is still the case on S90 in NE, for example. In both places it is called “Volvo allowance” and it is the same amount.

That is what I meant in my post. $1,250 in OP’s post stood out for me because I saw the same amount in both tabs in Mid-Atlantic. But unlike S90 above, It is shown as “Lease Bonus Dealer Cash” and “Retail Bonus Dealer Cash”

NE has $2,000 and it is shown as “Lease Bonus dealer cash” and $1,250 “Retail Bonus Cash”

Apparently, current Volvo allowance amount from the lease tab is not always the same as retail cash on some models. Like in this case - it shows $500 Lease Bonus on a lease tab, but $1,250 Retail Bonus on the Finance tab.

p.s. not sure if you even finished reading my post, but I said that you may be right about the dealer applying wrong bonus cash, if it makes you feel a little less pissed.

1 Like

I am cool. When you keep telling me I’m wrong or something I said is dumb or whatever, that gets old and I take offense. I will react in a negative way. You don’t get to take a dump on somebody and tell them to “chill” when they react negatively. The newer grids show different categories of incentives as shown below. They now show the stackable totals for lease or purchase. Dealers don’t use the payment estimator- that’s for customers and who’s to say if it’s accurate all of the time. Sometimes the grid itself is wrong and the final say is in the bulletin identified on the grid. Other useful information such as offer protection and exclusions are shown. Saying “lease cash” is different from “lease bonus,” etc is a waste of time and accomplishes nothing.

1 Like

I’m a consumer and go by the estimator, while I can also verify with the bulletins. But you should’t be posting screenshots of Volvo’s confidential bulletins intended for dealers, should you? I guess your urge to prove something took over :smirk:
BTW, for a lease you only need to look at the lease program bulletin to see Volvo Allowance and Lease bonus.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

I was able to get the sell price down and use max of MSDs. Is the below okay? Also, there are 300 miles, is that bad?

MSRP: $53,835
Sell Price: $48,000 (incl $1250 incentive)
MF: .00029
36/12k miles
MSD: 6500 (10 max)
Fees: $683
Monthly: $607
IL

Your MF should be .00024 after 10 MSDs, not .00029. And I’d still push for another $1,000 (~2%). If it is a punched car, they have an extra $2,100 in it.

Hard to analyze that lease without knowing how IL handles the tax. What’s the breakdown of your cash due at signing?

Going deeper on the price is likely something the dealer may not feel is something they could/should do. It depends on what their advertising is, if they’re getting all their support money or not, and their attitude about discounting deals. It’s extremely unlikely they got $2,100 for making the car a loaner- they have both a time and mileage requirement to meet, and 300 miles barely scratches the surface.

If you want to post the last 6 of the VIN, I might be able to tell you more.

Just FYI: my GM told me about his $2,100 on a punched S90 with 235 miles, which he kept calling “new” (which technically was true since it was not used as a real demo/loaner). But you must know better as a Volvo insider.

A Volvo dealer gets $2,100 for punching a car as a service loaner (sometimes there are different amounts, but the typical one is $2,100). The dealer gets the money right away, but to retain it the car (typically) needs to be a loaner for 6 months AND have 4,500 miles on it when retired/sold, or 6,000 miles and the time requirement is waived. If less time or miles are on the car, they are charged back. With permission, they can get a pro-rate approved. In CA, we’re required to disclose prior history things that start the warranty prior to the final sale or lease.

A dealer gets $0 for punching a car as a demo, although sometimes at the end of the month if the market manager is trying to manufacture sales, they might toss the dealer an incentive of $500-1,000 (maybe more) to punch a car as a demo.

1 Like

Interesting. Then why would he be willing to give me this $2,100 on a car with 235 miles? They do punch cars just to hit targets, but do not necessarily put them into demo/loaner fleet, as he told me.

Doesn’t make sense to me. If the $2,100 came from the car being punched as a loaner, I can’t see how he wouldn’t get charged back for it. It’s a large amount for a market manager to give a dealership for punching a car as a demo, on top of being a very coincidental amount of $2,100, the most commonly seen amount for loaners.

Don’t know if it was punched as a “demo” or as a “loaner”. Is there difference? He actually never said words “demo” or “loaner”, just that it was punched and it was still new.

Punched as a demo lets Volvo show a sold unit, even though it’s still in inventory. It’s supposed to mean the car is being used as a demo, but they’re often not. There’s no money associated with punching a demo, unless the market manager pays the dealer to do it (this is the only scenario that would appeal, as it’s a discount without the car being used, with the only issue being a shorter warranty). Punching a car as a service loaner does have an incentive associated with it, typically $2,100. Volvo has been fiddling around with different amounts and time/miles requirements for the last 2-3 years. If a car is punched as a loaner, Volvo wants to see it used as one for the required time. There can be an audit and loss of incentive if not used as required. Most dealers that use loaners also write them down as well, typically $500-750/mo, as the $2,100 isn’t enough to offset the loss in market value for a car that’s say 6 months old with 5,000 miles on it.

KD, good info. So if I am searching for a (XC90) deal, I would be looking for a service loaner, not a demo car and the one which has been "loaner for 6 months AND have 4,500 miles on it when retired/sold, or 6,000 miles and the time requirement is waived. " I can then reveal the knowledge of $2,100 in making the deal.
Is there an upper limit of miles, e.g. a car with 9k miles can be still leased ?

Also the info “$500-750/mo write off” is good to know.

Volvo can’t lease a car with over 10,000 miles. When you lease a loaner, it’s a little like “two steps forward, one step backward.” You get a lower price, but that’s offset with a residual reduced by 20 cents/mile.

The IL taxes are 6.5% ($3164.40). The MSDs and first month payment is due at signing so $7107.

I also learned that the car was traded from another dealer out of state and driven back (instead of shipped) to Chicago area. It’s not a punch car.

I can’t get this to match what you’re saying. Are the calculations yours or are they from the dealer?

If the tax of $3,164.40 is 6.5%, then the taxable amount was $48,683.08, which looks very similar to the net selling price of $48,000 + $695 acquisition fee. I’m assuming the tax is capped, since it’s not in the drive-off. So I plugged in $48,000 + $3,164 + $176 + $213 as selling price, assumed the $695 is capped, set the tax rate to zero since the tax is paid up front, etc, and get a payment of $634/mo. How are the fees $683? You listed doc $176 and license $236, but show $683? Are there another $271 from somewhere?

Does this lease calculator always put doc and license in the drive-off? If you are capitalizing them, do you add them to the selling price and set doc and license to zero?

Why does the lease calculator make the 10 deposits $7,000 when the payments are between $600-650?

The $3164.4 looks like a purchase tax, are you sure that is the right? Are you in Chicago city, that include the additional in-use tax?

1 Like