2018 Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Lease

You can structure the deal any way you like. Just think of the lease ads as a suggestion. It is the same money, paid either up front or over the lease term.

@wallabingbong, I’m sure you have heard this before, but buying an SUV/minivan isn’t a requirement with 1 or 2 children. :slight_smile: It really doesn’t become a huge issue until you have multiple children and have to haul their friends around at the same time. (And then 3 rows is more important than SUV vs minivan)

The exception would be if your current vehicle cannot accommodate a rear facing child seat.

Disclaimer: [I have 3 children, we bought our 1st 3 row vehicle 6 months before my 2nd was born and have had at least 1 3 row vehicle since then]

Completely agree - I think that we would be able to manage just fine with our current car ('08 Toyota Corolla). The extra space and new safety features would be nice, though. :slight_smile:

Blockquote. She likes that the outer aesthetics of the XC60 don’t look drastically different year over year and holds up better over time.
Blockquote

The XC60 just had a major redesign, so yes it won’t change drastically most likely by the time your lease is up, but it is also brand new as folks have mentioned. The problem is everyone’s wife loves it a quick look online and some dealers are marking over MSRP by a couple hundred & true care has it at 1500 off MSRP as a nationwide average. Very similar to the Q5 when it came out.

On reliability, the XC60 is built on a scalable platform that is used for S90 V90 XC90. It’s reliable.

Leasehackr wise -

MDX, people can’t get enough of them right now. Demo/loaners and high volume dealerships with old ones on the lot.

RDX, possible opportunity when the 19’s come out for 18’s. 17’s lost lease support supposedly this month.

BMW X1 - @E46M3 has a lot of retired loaners (9 2017’s) Retired Loaners BMW

Whoever said you don’t need an SUV was right for one kid even 2 (think s90), but there are always other factors like being high up whilst driving.

This appears to be a demo/loan unit with 7k on it and its less than a 10% dealer reduction
2018 XC60 this is slightly more than your 50k one % wise and could be used as leverage.

Here one that is 8% off. Bonus its the T6 with 316 hp vs t5 250.
8% XC 60

Also, it looks like you are dealing with them in terms of monthly instead of the purchase price. Change the narrative politely.

Now you have 3 places to get quotes from that you can round robin against each other. I believe there are presidents day incentives also.

Thanks for the insights.

I’ve read that the turbocharged engines on the new XC60 haven’t quite passed the test of time just yet.

The other cars that you mentioned were considered but are out for various reasons.

Being seated high up while driving is definitely a factor in why she wants a SUV.

How would I go about using cars from CA and SC as leverage for negotiations with dealers in the northeast (I’m located in NYC)?

I understand that dealing with them based on the monthly payment is mostly a marketing gimmick but as long we both agree on the total upfront costs, MSRP, RV and MF, wouldn’t it be okay to deal using adjusted cap cost or monthly payment since either one remains as the last variable to arrive at the other?

Also not aware of any President’s Day incentives on the XC60 other than a lease offer which doesn’t seem all that great.

Oh NYC, lemme make this easy for you. Contact @nyclife he’s a broker with an excellent track record on these forums. There are a couple other guys also, but he can help you and simplify your life and based on your questions I think he’ll be worth the price. He’s not going to get you a “hackr” deal on the XC60 but he handles everything and will, in all likelihood, find you the best tri-state price

Please see this post - Nyclife - good deals at a competitive rate

At the price your willing to pay for the car he’s worth the equivalent of $6.95 a month for 36 months to take care of this headache for you.

1 Like

I reached out to him yesterday but other than one round of back and forth, I have yet to hear back (probably just busy). His services are a bit pricier now ($100 deposit + $300 service fee) but I still think that it could be worth it.

Edit: @nyclife and I are back in touch!

1 Like

regarding kids and suv’s/sedans-

I 100% agree that as long as a rear facing child seat can fit in your sedan, the space in a sedan is sufficient for 1 or 2 kids, and an suv isn’t necessary.

that said, there are some other major advantages of an SUV if you have small kids.

1. its a bit easier to load and unload a stroller (and other large items) in an suv than the trunk of a sedan
  2. changing diapers on the go- it’s incredibly easy to change a diaper on the elevated, flat rear cargo area of an SUV. not possible in a trunk, and a real PITA in the back seat of a sedan

I agree with both points!

While a SUV is not a necessity for kids, I think that there are some great benefits to having one.

No down payment as in no cap cost reduction. Not 0 drive off.

Got it - that makes sense.

No one has outright said whether this is a terrible, okay or good deal yet which leads me to think it may not be too bad?

It’s not “good” per say (leasehackr wise), but (I think) what we are trying to tell you is that if your okay with the price then do it (its a new and popular car that VoVo expects to “print money”). Just don’t visit the forum in December and witness the possible sub 400, unicorn sub 300 (loaner/demo) postings ha! We’ve listed a relatively decent list of options, strategies, & broker’s for you to use. No one is going to validate a lease over the 1% rule (Read the intro posts) on this forum. Do what you will.

Cheaper options (to highlight the relative weakness of this deal) that have popped up on the forum. Also, MSD’s will bring down your monthly into the 500’s.

Heres a 7 seater for same price your paying.

1 Like

Effective payment of $627/month for a $51k vehicle seems terrible to me. That might be the going rate, but I personally wouldn’t get it for that price.

As you said, it is a new and popular car and I wasn’t expecting to get it to the 1% rule or be a true leasehackr-level deal. If I do end up leasing this car right now, I will definitely be avoiding the forum like the plague come December so I feel better about myself. Also completely agree that there are cheaper options out there but at the moment, am focusing on this particular car.

I suppose that was just a long way of saying thanks!

1 Like

FYI - I negotiated an XC90 T5 Momentum Plus for $519 a month + tax, zero down (as in cap reduction), plus basic driveoffs, here in California.

39 months
12k/year
$54k msrp and some change.

You should probably think about the XC90 as it’s coming out $100 cheaper/month than the XC60.

The chase is more fun than the actual execution, it is difficult to stop coming here. Some of us even sold our great leased cars just to continue the chase (and pocket some money in the process). :wink:

I received email with confirmation of the 500 presidents day bonus. The table below is showing it as an extra $500 on the “Lease Bonus”. There is also a $1000 Allowance on the XC60 (but no other A-plan discounts for it. [The Volvo Allowances and lease bonuses are for the southern region and are higher on the S90 in other markets]

I wonder if they will have the extra $500 on the west coast

its not… (2020202020)

Looks like the allowance for the XC60 is only for MY17 and not MY18. :neutral_face:

I noticed that there is a button for “GET A PIN” - is that related to A-Plan? I couldn’t find much info on eligibility for it other than if you happen to work for certain companies.

Was that with or without MSDs?

There does seem to be more room to bring down the price of a XC90 but my wife thinks that it is too big.