2018 Volkswagen GTI SE Rate My Deal!

Hey, can you please share deals on the A4 lease? Thanks!

I don’t have details because I’m not ready to get it yet so I haven’t actually gotten into the numbers, but in SoCal it’s super easy, a dealer will do it. You just need about 11-13% off before applying the $2500 in lease cash. Also check out @GeorgeCSL’s thread, he has $309+tax+drive off.

If anyone in SoCal is interested, I’ve been working on a Manual GTI SE w/ Leather. Best I’ve managed after cross-shopping everyone around LA is $393 a month (with taxes) and $900 DAS. 36 months, 10k a year. I realize it’s not Hackr worthy, but probably the best you’ll do on a GTI!!

1 Like

So in a complete 180, ended up test driving a fully loaded loaner BMW 330i and fell in love with it. Sale price was just shy of 40K down from 51K MSRP. With $4000 down, my payment is 422/mo including tax. Definitely not Hackr worthy, and I probably could have gotten a better deal if I fought and clawed my way to it, but I’m content. It includes a maintenance plan, so gas will really be my only expense on the car.

I’m glad you like the car but that seems incredibly high…

1 Like

Sorry, but that’s a pretty bad deal for a loaner. Over 20% off (before incentives) and base MF should have resulted in a much lower payment.

2 Likes

Pretty bad deal on a loaner. Also, all BMWs come with a maintenance plan.

Well if I didn’t have buyers remorse before I do now.

I think that’s even worse than the GTI deal. Wow.

1 Like

$4000 down? Sheesh.

You already signed for the deal? Is there a grace period to return? Hahah

My thoughts too… Not trying to be mean here at all, but wow. You were taken to the cleaners on this deal. That dealer must have LOVED you. Sorry…

1 Like

Here…

3 Likes

Aaaaand this went from being a cool supportive community to kicking me while I’m down. Thanks, y’all.

a lot of people tried to help you before you got your car, you didn’t listen to anyone. don’t blame the people here for being honest.

1 Like

What happened to the Miata? Was it traded/included in downpayment?

I’m not looking for sympathy. I’m looking for why it’s a raw deal so I can not make the same mistake next time. It meets the 1% rule off MSRP, MF was standard, and the total cost of the lease was right around what I was planning on paying for the GTI. The Carvana suggestion was a good one. They offered me 1300 more than anyone else and the dealer was willing to beat it.

Sorry, man. There just has been a lot of really good BWM deals lately, and you only met the 1% rule with a substantial down payment.

Not to rub it in your face, but these are just examples of deals that have been offered by dealers and brokers on this forum:

eeeek! this one didn’t have a happy ending! - apart from a good start to the weekend for the dealer I guess.

OP, it sounds like you can’t get out of this deal so just sign outta here, go enjoy the car and remember for next time do not put money down and do not negotiate at the dealer. Research, research research. See you in 3 years.

Assuming your lease is for 36 months, your effective payment is 531 a month which does not meet the 1% rule. Considering it’s a loaner, that’s not good at all. I’m failing to see how the payment can be so high with base mf unless the loaner you got has like 9000 miles.